Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 3: Corals help protect our coastlines by breaking up wave activity. Sad to hear estimates that indicate 19% of the world's coral reefs are dead.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS 4: After spending a few hours looking at corals, I really couldn't a favorite. My kids would say ALL candy is there favorite if I asked them... ALL corals is my favorite...

Do I go acro? torch? plating monti? ..

I guess today my favorite is....
1611286206192.png

leaheva04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They believe 90% of the coral reef will be gone by 2050 and that’s going to make for a sad world and I agree a lot of us are doing this for the love of it and I don’t know what I would do if 90% of the coral were gone that’s crazy. Also I subscribed to the news letter

leaheva04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our coral reefs are important to us because of the ecosystem and so many corals are going endangered and we can’t have that there are so many beautiful living corals and we need to keep them alive.

Bonus Facebook

Jvf93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed. I’m in Delray Beach, an area the reef Institute is working on. I’d love to volunteer and learn more about the ecosystem in my backyard

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm subscribed. Love the work you are doing. I didn't know it was estimated that 90% of our coral reefs will be gone by 2050. Glad you are doing work to help turn that around.

dlund1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
subscribed to the newsletter. I am impressed with their dedication to educating the younger generations

schmittym7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed reading up on their stewardship program and the Florida Reef Tract. Something I will definitely get my children into.

Lil' RegalReefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed to the newsletter!
I like how they are educating kids about all the problems going on with coral reefs and helping them do their part. I also learned that they have sort of a seed bank for rare and endangered coral to help with the preservation of those species.

EB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t know there were so many issues with Florida reefs. I like the reef initiative education project at Limestone Creek Elementary. It good to teach the kids so that future damage can be reduced.

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed to the newsletter! I'm really liking the "grow a coral" program. It is a different way to attract donations and have your donators have a more direct vested interest in watching their coral grow.

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS: Liked you on Facebook (Matthew Daly)
BONUS: Welcomed you to R2R n the thread mentioned above
BONUS: I think it goes without saying that if the oceans go, we all go. The food chain is so heavily dependent on the life that inhabits reefs (and the ocean overall) that turning a blind eye to the destruction that made-made and natural causes are having on reefs is irresponsible.
BONUS: I'm an R2R Supporter

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back