Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that you can adopt a coral! I have bought enough for my tank, should probably buy one for conservation too!

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current favorite coral... lobo!
20210103_162434.jpg

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefs are important in the most basic term because they are living and life should be preserved. Especially when its mostly our fault they are suffering. We also have so much more to learn about them and they play a much bigger role in the ecosystem than just being beautiful.

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50% of the Florida coral has been wiped out and the Institute has been bringing them back.

Chumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Discover the Reef Institute! Win a $1,000 Gift Card!​

reef institute giveaway.jpg

Reef2Reefers, gather 'round! This is your chance to win a $1,000 gift card! However, the real prize is that everyone wins here by discovering the amazing work that The Reef Institute is doing for education, research, and coral conservation/reef restoration!

One of our winners from Reef2Reef's Christmas Toy Drive has graciously donated their prize (a $1,000 gift card to SBB Corals) in order to sponsor this amazing giveaway. Their only request was that we use this giveaway as an opportunity to introduce you all to The Reef Institute and make sure you are aware of the great work they're doing to give back to the ocean reefs we love so much!

For those of you unfamiliar with The Reef Institute, please check out their website and their Introduction Thread. This contest will be a lot of fun, and we hope you all will be excited to get to know the great folks at @The Reef Institute and let them know that Reef2Reef is a community that is excited about the work they're doing!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry:
Visit The Reef Institute website (CLICK HERE!), subscribe to The Reef Institute's newsletter (on their homepage), and make a post in this thread about 1 thing you learned or liked on the site. Winner will need to verify they are subscribed to the newsletter.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Check out The Reef Institute's introduction thread, and welcome them to Reef2Reef by commenting in that thread with a comment or question about their work.
Bonus 2: Like and follow Reef Institute on Facebook CLICK HERE!
Bonus 3: Post something on why the coral reefs are important to us.
Bonus 4: Share a 1 picture of your favorite coral.
Bonus 5: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

A $1,000 gift card to SBB Corals!

Our winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on February 22, 2021! (Last day to enter is February 21st.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks to @The Reef Institute for the great work you are doing and for being part of our community! Thanks to our prize donor for your generosity and helping us to spread the word!

#r2rgiveaway

2.png
I just joined the Reef Institute's Newsletter! I did not know that they partner with local governments and communities to teach about reef conservation. I have been active in the local Ukrainian Scouting organization in Philadelphia (part of the International Scouting Organization). One of our most popular merit badges and Eagle Scout equivalency projects is ecology based. It would be great to connect the Reef Institute with our boys and girls and encourage them to do a community outreach/education/fundraising project. In the process of expanding my tank - good way to show how kids can get into the hobby responsibly.

CenlaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed-up for the newsletter. I am happy to see how the Reef Institute is doing volunteer coordination, internships for training others, and coral adoptions.

Imaburch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed up for the news letter and its not required but donated as well. This is a great cause to give to if you love our hobby.
Wow its hard to believe that reefs make up less than 1% of the surface area in the oceans, yet they support 25% of the marine creatures for food and shelter

Sippiku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of effort and time The Reef Institute is dedicating towards engaging with children and helping to develop their knowledge pertaining to science is inspirational. Absolutely fantastic work!

FL_LPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef2Reefers, gather 'round! This is your chance to win a $1,000 gift card! However, the real prize is that everyone wins here by discovering the amazing work that The Reef Institute is doing for education, research, and coral conservation/reef restoration!

One of our winners from Reef2Reef's Christmas Toy Drive has graciously donated their prize (a $1,000 gift card to SBB Corals) in order to sponsor this amazing giveaway. Their only request was that we use this giveaway as an opportunity to introduce you all to The Reef Institute and make sure you are aware of the great work they're doing to give back to the ocean reefs we love so much!

For those of you unfamiliar with The Reef Institute, please check out their website and their Introduction Thread. This contest will be a lot of fun, and we hope you all will be excited to get to know the great folks at @The Reef Institute and let them know that Reef2Reef is a community that is excited about the work they're doing!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry:
Visit The Reef Institute website (CLICK HERE!), subscribe to The Reef Institute's newsletter (on their homepage), and make a post in this thread about 1 thing you learned or liked on the site. Winner will need to verify they are subscribed to the newsletter.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Check out The Reef Institute's introduction thread, and welcome them to Reef2Reef by commenting in that thread with a comment or question about their work.
Bonus 5: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

Our winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on February 22, 2021! (Last day to enter is February 21st.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks to @The Reef Institute for the great work you are doing and for being part of our community! Thanks to our prize donor for your generosity and helping us to spread the word!

#r2rgiveaway

2.png
I learned from this post on how dire the situation for our local reefs are. I am so glad that we have people like this to help.

FL_LPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry:

Bonus 1:

THE PRIZE

#r2rgiveaway

2.png
SUBBED! I love this organization and think I should've joined sooner!

FL_LPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry:

Bonus 1:

THE PRIZE

#r2rgiveaway

2.png
SUBBED and learned how dire the situation of the local FL reefs are! Thanks for what you are doing.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back