Discovery World/WRS/MARS/FVRS Coral Frag swap

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know next year i will be signing up sooner for a good spot....i wasnt complaining about the spot i had though....things trickled down and we did fairly well for out first swap selling at....we (me and the wife) had a blast and will be doing more of this in the future!!

paul...if there is anything i can do for next year just let me know :)

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to give a thumbs up to Jim's banned from RC shirt though.

Thanks! I was going to make up a bunch, and sell them there, but the wife talked me out of it...... I had to at least wear one for setup!!! :wink:

I am curious too about the unfamily friendly shirts... man I always miss the good stuff!!

Other wise, I agree with the Raffle... I really didn't realize there wasn't one until the way home though, but then again, that's probably because I never win anything anyhow!! Those always go good at swaps...

Also, the lighting,,, it was a little problematic, but I think the view made up for it!! At least now everyone knows for next time! I like the curtain idea, otherwise we have enough notice now to rig up backdrops behind the tanks... I tried the towel trick, but the breeze I had behind me, kept blowing it into the tank, so it came down!!

PrangeWay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty Awesome

Yeah it was a great Frag Swap, actually better than the ones in Dallas-Fort Worth I went to when I lived there. Location was awesome, vendors where friendly and the prices where excellent. I found everything I was looking for. Great Job.

PW

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys, I appreciate the complements.

We had about 220 people pre-register for the swap. In addition to a bunch of DW members and then curious public, I would estimate 300 or so people.

I talked it over with a few people around here and we will be picking a date for DW Frag Swap 2010. I am switching to assigned spots, when you register you will be picking a table location on a first come first serve basis. And as a thank you to the vendors who believed in the swap enough to attend this year, you guys will be able to register early.

I think the WRS guys have a pics post running http://www.wireefsociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2470

are we sure those aren't palm tree leaves?

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you saying my REEFER? T-shirt would not be family friendly?

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one other added bonus to this was getting people there. I honestly didn't even know Discovery World existed. I wish I had the time to check out some of the displays as well...but now that I know it's there it could be a fun day trip. It didn't seem that busy overall either and had a lot of interesting things to offer.

Paul...how do we get signed up for the beer brewing class? :bigsmile:

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, a lot of people don't know we exist, and even more think we are still in the basement of the libary where we were 20 years ago. Thats part of the reason we did the swap here.

lol..the brewing classes should be on the events page, if not let me know, the guy who teaches them is only a few cubes over.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're listed there (looks like I might be able to make the third one) but there's not much info. I've been contemplating doing some homebrew for a while now and this would seem like a nice structured environment to get it started in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. our website leaves a lot to be desired. Just call the reservations people and ask. or I can put you directly in touch with the guy who teaches the classes.

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kathy & I had a great time, got some beautiful coral and and it was nice meeting many of you! Thanks for putting a great event.

Rob
NWRS

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back