OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I donno, one of my coworkers caught me in the hall and said they saw it.

ok, now time to polish the acrylic...see ya tonight foam boy :)

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you who haven't started the trek here yet. We crossed 200 people registered before lunch. We are going to keep registering people until Mike collapses at 4pm.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the links on the main page are down. It appears to be anything that begins with programs.discoveryworld.org

200 people? Geez....I'm thinking I should maybe frag some more stuff...now I'm thinking I won't have enough to go around! :squigglemouth:

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got back from the swap and it was lots of fun - great turn out and got lots of good deals. Thanks everyone!!

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks people for selling me way too much stuff for my little tank

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good swap!! Customcolor Figured I was next to you on a table might as well post by you too lol

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to thanks Paul, Ken, and the rest of the Discovery World crew for a great swap! We already look forward to next years! Everything worked out great! I do know though, for next year we are going to plan ahead a little so we can actually get to the behind the scenes tour, and actually visit the museum part!!

Thanks again, and nice seeing everyone again, and of course meeting new people also!! It's good to put faces with screen names!!

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big thanks goes out to Paul for setting this up. Everything was well done and a lot of fun. I (somehow) managed to hold to my goal of not buying anything (yeah...I don't know how I did it either). But I did take home a number of cards from some of the other vendors there for future purchases. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
H

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DW considered it a success, and every vendor I personally talked to, with was probably most of them, said they would come back if we did it again next year. Even Tina from Wet Thumbs who flew all the way from LA. A few attendees commented they didn't expect the quantity and quality of vendors....and good prices

I know some of the challanges we have for next year
1. the lighting issue. Next year we will look into providing a little pipe and drape to cover the windows.
2. Raffle. I know some people were disapinted we didn't have one. I figure we can start hunting for things now, we should be able to come up with some things. If anybody has any industry contacts please let me know.
3. wardrobe police? I didn't think to ask people to wear politically correct, family friendly clothing. I do have to give a thumbs up to Jim's banned from RC shirt though.
4. Lunch. I will look into having box lunchs delivered to the vendor tables

The other thing I'm wondering about..if we have more vendors next year, we only have room in the promenade for about 4 more tables. After that we have to take over the promenade section in the round building, that should add another 10 or so tables. Then there is the compass room, which should hold another 10 tables. I think next year I will have a map and vendors can pick an open spot on the map when they register, first come first serve. I don't really want to do multiple pricing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back