Which Would You Rather?

• Total voters

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point I’m making is that one could bottom both nutrients out and then possibly by overfeeding constantly keep it in suspension as it’s processed. According to Tropic Marin, corals might need phosphates fed directly vs being soluble.
There is an excessive amount of research on how corals uptake inorganic phosphate directly.

Supplement vendors advice on what supplements are needed should not be heeded. Their job is to sell you things.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an excessive amount of research on how corals uptake inorganic phosphate directly.

Supplement vendors advice on what supplements are needed should not be heeded. Their job is to sell you things.
Directly though consuming detritus or other means?

I’m aware they are selling me. Mentioned that earlier and why I’m questioning why bother with supplements if poop all we need along with why we might not be as concerned with it as many believe is needed.

Been testing the affect of not removing detritus for a year. No corals except for a lone Xenia and my results show detritus accumulation isn’t a concern. I’ll get around to testing it on corals.

Last edited:

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had roughly 0-0.5 ppm NO3 and 0.1-0.3 ppm PO4 for months because I just feed dry coral foods and couldn't be bothered to correct the issue.

Corals were growing fine, colors just weren't all that great, zoas were a little bit slow in growth but still healthy.

Slowly correcting that now with aminos and dosing nitrate, but again, nothing died because of this.

When I had 0 po4 a long time ago on the other hand, coral health took a sharp dive downwards.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back