OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they were not a pair. I am going to wait because the little guy eats lots still and swims normal for feeding time. Maybe just lazy and tired in the day from being picked on at night time
Were the clowns a pair when you bought them? If not - one is going to get biullied - whether you acclimate them or not IMHO - I would just let them work it out - waiting in case there is a clear infection or damage

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is not even close to Brook. The fishs' appearance and fill looks good. Im leaning towards intimidation. One thing you can do to assure no aggression is in play, set your cell phone on video mode for about 40 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a jerk at feeding time.
Review the video and see who it may be
So I did this video test and walked away. The little one that is being bullied ate way more than the big one and there was 0 aggression. The fighting seems to be at night. They are both trying to sleep in the brain coral and the female keeps nudging the male out.

Attachments

• IMG_5958.MOV
    4.9 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I did this video test and walked away. The little one that is being bullied ate way more than the big one and there was 0 aggression. The fighting seems to be at night. They are both trying to sleep in the brain coral and the female keeps nudging the male out.
As suspected- there is aggression going on here and likely bites may be involved.

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As suspected- there is aggression going on here and likely bites may be involved.
Isn't this normal though? so if i leave them it should be okay in the next few days because order has been established? Or should I immediately separate?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Isn't this normal though? so if i leave them it should be okay in the next few days because order has been established? Or should I immediately separate?
Keep an eye on them but if it get aggressive- have a plan ready

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back