epicfatigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Been trying to work this one out.
I am new to this.
It is very brown and lumpy looks like a section is missing.

Now is starting to turn white in the centre ?

IMG20210510172424.jpg

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the square on the fish? Looks normal to me. It’s a purple square anthia.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brown color is unusual for bacterial infections, it might be fungal. How long have you had the fish, how long has it had this issue, and is it getting worse? Is the fish breathing and feeding normally? Do you have a treatment tank available?
Jay

OP
OP
epicfatigue

epicfatigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is about a week old, feeding fine and moving fine, I think it's going more white now, it's hard to tell. I am wondering if it has hurt itself on some rock or of my eel has taken a snap at it. No treatment tank but could set one up

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is about a week old, feeding fine and moving fine, I think it's going more white now, it's hard to tell. I am wondering if it has hurt itself on some rock or of my eel has taken a snap at it. No treatment tank but could set one up
Because this species doesn't appreciate being in small treatment tanks, and because it seems stable (for now) I would just watch it closely. I'm worried that if I set up a treatment, the added stress could cause it issues. Remember though - new fish can break with a number of different diseases, so keep a close eye on it!

Jay

Back