"Diseases of Marine Fishes" by Jay Hemdal 2015

DJKNOX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey anyone know why it is so hard to find this book? I saw that it was being sold as e-book some time ago but it seems to have vanished from the market. Zero used copies for sale, zero ebook availability. Odd.

OP
OP
D

DJKNOX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks Gary for the #reefsquad tip and your very timely help! Unfortunately I am very suspicious of that site - there are several "download for free" sites for this book pdf that all point to the same paywall that needs credit card info "just for verification purposes." I am therefore hesitant unless someone knows that these links are legit. I googled it and there seems to be conflicting reports with some confirming its a scam. With Jay Hemdal being such a prominent author in this field and the book only being a few years old, it is very odd that used copies are not circulating online. I think I will just wait until one pops up!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks Gary for the #reefsquad tip and your very timely help! Unfortunately I am very suspicious of that site - there are several "download for free" sites for this book pdf that all point to the same paywall that needs credit card info "just for verification purposes." I am therefore hesitant unless someone knows that these links are legit. I googled it and there seems to be conflicting reports with some confirming its a scam. With Jay Hemdal being such a prominent author in this field and the book only being a few years old, it is very odd that used copies are not circulating online. I think I will just wait until one pops up!
I hear ya. One of the other used book places said they get a copy every 6 months to a year. Yikes!

pro_aquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m suffering the same

OP
OP
D

DJKNOX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never find this book, but I found another one that comes highly recommended.

• ISBN-10 : 9781890087951
  • ISBN-13 : 978-1890087951

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I joined R2R about 5 months ago. My 2015 book isn’t available right now, sorry! I’ve been working on it, added FW and invertebrate sections, doubled the size of the book. Trouble is, I’m getting so much good information here as to what problems home aquarists are seeing, that I keep adding to the manuscript! I think I’m at close to 80k words, where the original book was at 38k.
One thing: to try to give back a bit to R2R, I’m posting sections from it as articles, and in my answers to some disease questions.
Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back