Distilled water in an emergency?

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short my filters are exhausted in my ro/di and I am getting 8 tds. Now I ordered new filters and an ro membrane (just in case) but i do not want to use that water as I usually do not use if over 2ppm. I have dome distilled water that I got from the store. It is reading 0 tds so I assume that ot is alright to use just for ato filling until filters come in in about 2 weeks? Saltwater isnt a

Brian barranco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short my filters are exhausted in my ro/di and I am getting 8 tds. Now I ordered new filters and an ro membrane (just in case) but i do not want to use that water as I usually do not use if over 2ppm. I have dome distilled water that I got from the store. It is reading 0 tds so I assume that ot is alright to use just for ato filling until filters come in in about 2 weeks? Saltwater isnt a
I use my local water station. Never have problems. Just test for phosphate & nitrates with api.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some water is distilled using copper equipment so I always try to find RO water in a pinch. Any Home Depot normally stocks water for water coolers that is RO water. Just another option till your filters arrive.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some water is distilled using copper equipment so I always try to find RO water in a pinch. Any Home Depot normally stocks water for water coolers that is RO water. Just another option till your filters arrive.
Cant get to a home depot today but can later this week. Will check it out. Will have to use distilled till I can get there (only to top off)

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use only distilled water. The purple top from Walmart. Works fine. No problems.
Got this from market basket, online analysis seems good , no copper or other metals, even says 0 tds in reports so I think I'm good. Only thing I see off is low ph in it but I'm ok with that. Thanks!

Pezking182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from market basket, online analysis seems good , no copper or other metals, even says 0 tds in reports so I think I'm good. Only thing I see off is low ph in it but I'm ok with that. Thanks!

Yup I've used mb distilled water too. There was a shortage here a few months ago due to a change in supplier. That's when I switched to Walmart brand.

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use purified drinking water that says it’s RO water on the bottle like this here
98FDD674-B5E8-4C58-86A5-74E8BF6BF3EA.png

I have no idea if this is safe. I use it to top off evaporation. Anyone know if we can use this stuff. I don’t know the TDS of it either.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use purified drinking water that says it’s RO water on the bottle like this here
98FDD674-B5E8-4C58-86A5-74E8BF6BF3EA.png

I have no idea if this is safe. I use it to top off evaporation. Anyone know if we can use this stuff. I don’t know the TDS of it either.
Drinking water normally minerals are added for flavor etc, not sure if safe. I always check the tds though on everything

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many plastic bottles... for what? More plastic?
RO is not the same as RODI. I wouldn't use that unless I was desperate. Like, return pump sucking air desperate.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back