Diver's Den has really fallen

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would they post a wysiwyg picture of a fish with a clear parasite infection?
Screenshot_2023-01-31-18-09-40-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why would they post a wysiwyg picture of a fish with a clear parasite infection?
Fortunately, they use file pics but I get what you are saying- not the best one to use

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea they really went downhill since being bought by petco. I used to check it out all the time but now I rarely look there.
Dont quote me but I believe DD was sold again to a holdings company

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they really went downhill since being bought by petco. I used to check it out all the time but now I rarely look there.
Petco sold them years ago. This is on the new owners.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco sold them years ago. This is on the new owners.

Oh, I did not know that. Must have happened while I was taking a break from the hobby.

either way, it’s pretty crappy now.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kevin Kohen left there in 2021 I think. I'm not sure, but I think he is at Quality Marine now.

Jay

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jasonrusso Thank you for noticing the problem with this Porcupine Puffer. We sincerely apologize that it was listed in our Diver's Den. It has now been removed from the site.
I’ve purchased from divers den previously, but still did my own qt. The Midas blenny is doing well still today, But this concerns me because as a company advertising as a pre conditioned/quarantined source, even posting this fish just makes me question the attention to detail one would hope said company would have. Mistakes happen of course but I really hope for customers putting faith into divers den that this is a rare occurrence. I don’t normally throw out my opinion on things like this but I just don’t know how I feel about it. It’s unfortunate.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jasonrusso Thank you for noticing the problem with this Porcupine Puffer. We sincerely apologize that it was listed in our Diver's Den. It has now been removed from the site.
I'm sorry to call you out like this, but I expect more from Diver's Den. I see it as the upper tier of LA. Especially since I am actively going through a fallow period due to velvet where I lost 30% of my fish, I am more observant of it. Yes, I lost my porcupine to velvet, so I was looking for one.

I still see Live Aquaria as the best online livestock stores. I pick LA over other shops if they have what I am looking for, and will continue, but things like this show me that you may be slipping from your original mission. Putting quality over profit will result in more profit over the long run.

Please don't take it personally, but it should be a wake up call that something may be off if these things are slipping through.

Also, I hope it was removed from the site to be treated appropriately (CP).

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin Kohen left there in 2021 I think. I'm not sure, but I think he is at Quality Marine now.

Jay
He was the one that was supposed to run the place from what I could tell.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sorry to call you out like this, but I expect more from Diver's Den. I see it as the upper tier of LA. Especially since I am actively going through a fallow period due to velvet where I lost 30% of my fish, I am more observant of it. Yes, I lost my porcupine to velvet, so I was looking for one.

I still see Live Aquaria as the best online livestock stores. I pick LA over other shops if they have what I am looking for, and will continue, but things like this show me that you may be slipping from your original mission. Putting quality over profit will result in more profit over the long run.

Please don't take it personally, but it should be a wake up call that something may be off if these things are slipping through.

Also, I hope it was removed from the site to be treated appropriately (CP).
Many of us considered Divers Den as one of the best, but that was years ago.
Many consider them the bottom of the barrel now. They have been sold several times and each time it gets worse.
From shipping methods to the quality of the livestock.
Putting a picture up for sale of a sick fish should be more than enough to see what the company is about now.
Sure they have canned customer service responses, but it's not genuine.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have followed LADD for years, I'm in Mexico so that makes it impossible for me to buy fish there, although I must say that if I could, I would not currently do it. Since Kevin's departure as director, the quality of the fish has gone down noticeably, he is a great in the industry and it has clearly marked a before and after.

melliiee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not even petco anymore right ? Even they were dropped by them? I’m having a huge CS issue with a order so seems like everyone that was running the company smoothly is gone with the wind!

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not even petco anymore right ? Even they were dropped by them? I’m having a huge CS issue with a order so seems like everyone that was running the company smoothly is gone with the wind!
They haven't been Petco for a while. Even when Petco owned Live Aquaria, DD seemed to be doing their own thing. I thought that after Petco sold, they might have come back but it seems like it isn't the case yet.

It's really too bad.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back