Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had that HW for?

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn that sucks, it seems like it grows like a weed for some people and doesn't grow at all for others

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB Maleficent and JF Homewrecker

279.JPG

I'm calling dibs on frags from these two when you start growing them as weeds.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking out yours in your thread. It seems a bit more green than mine. Mine is in very high PAR, about 545.

BC Shades of Fall

281.JPG

It looks great! Really good coloring. Looks like it is getting good growth as well. Resembles my UC Strawberry Shortcake.

Yeah, mine is finally getting its color in. Sat dormant for around 7 months and is finally showing some promise. I think it was because I was blasting it with around 1200 PAR. It seems to have responded once I lowered my lights and now it is receiving around 750 PAR. I have it near the top.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I read through your entire build! What a great tank, and im glad to see that you've been so successful with a dry startup since many threads are now attributing poor tank success to dry starts. My tank is similar to yours at 36x24x20. Is it reasonable to say you're at around 100x turnover with 2 of those vortechs at 90%? Debated adding one to my back wall, but I can certainly ramp up my tunze 6095 and XF330 gyre. Even with those at 100% pulsing I'd probably only be 60x turnover at peak.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great! Really good coloring. Looks like it is getting good growth as well. Resembles my UC Strawberry Shortcake.

Yeah, mine is finally getting its color in. Sat dormant for around 7 months and is finally showing some promise. I think it was because I was blasting it with around 1200 PAR. It seems to have responded once I lowered my lights and now it is receiving around 750 PAR. I have it near the top.

So I got out my camera to take a pic of my new"ish" MattV Rainbow Envy frag. I think I forgot to post a pic of that one? I swear it was not on purpose!

Anyways, snapped another angle of the BC Shades of Fall. The new growth is really special.

282.JPG

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I read through your entire build! What a great tank, and im glad to see that you've been so successful with a dry startup since many threads are now attributing poor tank success to dry starts. My tank is similar to yours at 36x24x20. Is it reasonable to say you're at around 100x turnover with 2 of those vortechs at 90%? Debated adding one to my back wall, but I can certainly ramp up my tunze 6095 and XF330 gyre. Even with those at 100% pulsing I'd probably only be 60x turnover at peak.

Yes, with my two MP40's I'm doing about 100x. Then you can add in my return pump which is a Vertex V6. It's listed at 1584gph, although I have no idea what the true output is after going vertical 4' with several elbows, splits, locline, etc.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got out my camera to take a pic of my new"ish" MattV Rainbow Envy frag. I think I forgot to post a pic of that one? I swear it was not on purpose!

Anyways, snapped another angle of the BC Shades of Fall. The new growth is really special.

282.JPG
Hmmm......Kinda weedy I think.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hear a lot about peoples "Mixing Stations". I'm not sure if mine qualifies for such a prestigious label, but here it is. I use a couple Brutes, one for RODI and one for mixed saltwater. I run it through a 150gph BRS RODI system using a booster pump hooked directly to my garden hose. I mix up 40g at a time which lasts me about a month. Good old IO mixed to 1.0264 and I adjust the Alk to 7.5 and occasionally boost the Cal and/or Mag if less that what I'm looking for (400/1500). I use 5g Walmart buckets to do a 10g water change once a week. Easy peasy!

283.JPG

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been playing around with Actinic FTS the past few days. I'm leaning towards #1 being my favorite. #3 looks cool, but it's too pixelated. What do you guys think?

Entry 1 Blue.JPG

Entry 2 Blue.JPG

Entry 3 Blue.JPG

I think it looks awesome! Really popping without the overly saturated blue look. Are you using a filter?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks awesome! Really popping without the overly saturated blue look. Are you using a filter?

Yes, an orange gel. I'm personally not a huge fan of blue light pics which is why I rarely post pics of my corals in blue light. But I saw the pic of the month contest and figured I'd have some fun.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, nice sticks.

What do you dose? Do you think you have tight tables because of the high par?

Hey Spencer, I dose BRS Cal/Alk, nothing else. Do you mean how the coralites are so tight on my tabling acros like Superman and Aquatic-Man?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%
Back