OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to toss my hat in the ring for the Feb photo of the month contest. Here's the photo I used (#11). What do you think, am I worthy of a vote? ;Snaphappy

Entry.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to toss my hat in the ring for the Feb photo of the month contest. Here's the photo I used (#11). What do you think, am I worthy of a vote? ;Snaphappy

Entry.jpg
You got my vote

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a couple of months since you added the Home Wrecher. How is it doing?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a couple of months since you added the Home Wrecher. How is it doing?
It’s doing great and I need to take some more pictures of it. I lost the Pink initially but it’s starting to come back. First HW I’ve had that actually developed pink! Crazy PE too.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing great and I need to take some more pictures of it. I lost the Pink initially but it’s starting to come back. First HW I’ve had that actually developed pink! Crazy PE too.
My HW is growing just fine, but is almost hairless. My Disney is growing bonkers fast, but also hairless. The colors are reasonably vibrant green/blue and a tint of orange/pink if I squint real hard. I've had them since January.

Left to right, HW, Ding Dang, WD, SCOP, PC. All those nubs on the WD base are very new and growing strong.
19868.jpg

Any idea what gives on the lack of PE?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HW is growing just fine, but is almost hairless. My Disney is growing bonkers fast, but also hairless. The colors are reasonably vibrant green/blue and a tint of orange/pink if I squint real hard. I've had them since January.

Left to right, HW, Ding Dang, WD, SCOP, PC. All those nubs on the WD base are very new and growing strong.
19868.jpg

Any idea what gives on the lack of PE?
I’m not sure, I’ve always had good PE. I run my lighting strong, 350-550. I keep my water slightly dirty, 5/0.05. One thing I do that I’m not sure many others do is I don’t run socks. I found it to just be unnecessary and so I always have little particles floating around in my tank. Maybe they like that?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure, I’ve always had good PE. I run my lighting strong, 350-550. I keep my water slightly dirty, 5/0.05. One thing I do that I’m not sure many others do is I don’t run socks. I found it to just be unnecessary and so I always have little particles floating around in my tank. Maybe they like that?
Hmmmm. Similar lighting, a slight bit more nutrient, but I do run socks. I feed fish super heavy so my socks overflow at day 3-4. I also run MP40s on two 80G frags. I run 2 X MP40 and 2 X 25 Wave gyres in a 120. Flow is hard but indirect.

Once I get to small colony size I get PE; but frags... nada. Feels like too much flow for the little guys maybe.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DivingTheWorld

I mean this in the nicest possible way...
I hate you and hope it burns when you pee.

You have the tank the vast majority (aside from BubbaQ) aspire to and you make it look effortless.
Congrats, and I hope you realize you are inspiration to many.
No, really.
Not talking pretty cause you started this thread...speaking what I see and feel from replies on this thread.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got to like page 10 before i just started to look at eye candy lol but i am wondering are you still using only T-5's?
Yes, ATI T5 with Reefbrite XHO Blue. I often think about getting a bigger tank and if I did I would probably go Radions with T5 supplements. But for my small tank it would cost too much $ to experiment and since it ain’t broke... ;)

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it's doing great mike. My tanks on cruise control I got no room except for of course must haves I can find room. Glad your tank is doing good. I'm still waiting for that mattv;)
Thanks Mike. That one is on my slow grow list, but I got new stuff coming too...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back