OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any good photos comparing your palmers blue milli and sapphire milli? I love both but sometimes have found it hard to tell them apart and even seen some say they may be the same strain. Curious on your thoughts.
They are similar. The Palmer’s is more of a lighter blue with almost a brownish polyp. The Sapphire is a deeper blue with green/white polyps which give it an incredible shimmer which I find to be impossible to take a photo of. I needed some space for new acros and ended up selling off my entire Palmer’s colony. It was one or the other and I preferred Sapphire.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC Superman

492.JPG

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is amazing, well done!! The coralline on the bottom is very cool.
Whats your current fish load look like?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is amazing, well done!! The coralline on the bottom is very cool.
Whats your current fish load look like?
Thanks. I'm running a bit light right now. We had a couple pass away for no apparent reason over the last 6 months or so. Here's the current stock of adult sized fish:

Blue Tang
Pair of Picasso Clowns
Black Cap Gramma
3 Lyretail Anthias
1 Green Chromis
One Spot Foxface
Spotted Mandarin

esse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so amazing to see continued updates on your tank & corals. I got some frags from you back in Feb & so far, they are doing well so far. It's got me really excited and I'm planning a tank upgrade so I can have more space for corals.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks!

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so amazing to see continued updates on your tank & corals. I got some frags from you back in Feb & so far, they are doing well so far. It's got me really excited and I'm planning a tank upgrade so I can have more space for corals.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks!
Hey, thanks for the update Jesse. I love hearing positive feedback! I’ve been replacing many of my older colonies with newer corals, so plenty of new variety to choose from when you’re ready.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the past few months there have been a few developments with DTW's Acro Wonderland. If you know me and my tank, I get bored and have no hesitation cutting out entire colonies for newer more interesting frags...

First the bad: As mentioned previously, my beloved SC Orange Passion was murdered by my BC Miss Scarlett! Don't trust her, she will get you every time! Over a few weeks it slowly STN'd until it was all gone. It was quite painful to watch. ;Blackeye I also lost about half my Walt Disney... My ASD Rainbow Milli has a very precarious base and is mounted right next to my Walt Disney. A couple months back it was knocked off it's base by a turbo and tilted over to lay against the Walt Disney. ;Facepalm I didn't notice for weeks...but eventually woke up from my slumber and re-glued it. The good news is that it didn't effect the ASD Rainbow and it's still growing strong. The bad news is about half my Walt Disney STN'd! :eek:

Now for the neither bad nor good: I've been making room for new acros and have been cutting out older colonies which I've gotten a little bored with. ;Woot So gone is Tubbs Blue Milli and Bali Green Slimer. I sold off my entire colony of BC Secale but I liked it so much that I replanted a little frag in a new spot and it's growing well. I also sold off my entire PC Rainbow colony but again saved a little piece and it's doing well. I also moved around several acros that were stagnant in growth like Vivid's Confetti and RRU Fireworks for higher PAR. Crossing my fingers that we see good progress!

And let's finish it off with the good! My remaining corals are all growing well and I've added a bunch of new stuff that I'm going to start taking pictures of ;Snaphappy:

Peng's HOTO
Snipers Bubblegum
TSA Dragonfruit
AV99 Rouge Envy
RRC Wonderland
BKChem Frootloops
SBB Purplicious

So stay tuned for some changed landscape pics coming this way!

Last edited:

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the past few months there have been a few developments with DTW's Acro Wonderland. If you know me and my tank, I get bored and have no hesitation cutting out entire colonies for newer more interesting frags...

First the bad: As mentioned previously, my beloved SC Orange Passion was murdered by my BC Miss Scarlett! Don't trust her, she will get you every time! Over a few weeks it slowly STN'd until it was all gone. It was quite painful to watch. ;Blackeye I also lost about half my Walt Disney... My ASD Rainbow Milli has a very precarious base and is mounted right next to my Walt Disney. A couple months back it was knocked off it's base by a turbo and tilted over to lay against the Walt Disney. ;Facepalm I didn't notice for weeks...but eventually woke up from my slumber and re-glued it. The good news is that it didn't effect the ASD Rainbow and it's still growing strong. The bad news is about half my Walt Disney STN'd! :eek:

Now for the neither bad nor good: I've been making room for new acros and have been cutting out older colonies which I've gotten a little bored with. ;Woot So gone is Tubbs Blue Milli and Bali Green Slimer. I sold off my entire colony of BC Secale but I liked it so much that I replanted a little frag in a new spot and it's growing well. I also sold off my entire PC Rainbow colony but again saved a little piece and it's doing well. I also moved around several acros that were stagnant in growth like Vivid's Confetti and RRU Fireworks for higher PAR. Crossing my fingers that we see good progress!

And let's finish it off with the good! My remaining corals are all growing well and I've added a bunch of new stuff that I'm going to start taking pictures of ;Snaphappy:

Peng's HOTO
Snipers Bubblegum
TSA Dragonfruit
AV99 Rouge Envy
RRC Wonderland
BKChem Frootloops
SBB Purplicious

So stay tuned for some changed landscape pics coming this way!
Oh man! I want to see Peng's HOTO, pretty please.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back