0   0   0
251.JPG

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank and love the KISS method! I try to follow it myself. Can you let me know what level of PAR you are running on the bottom half of your tank? I run an 8 bulb ATI powermodule hybrid on my cube but am upgrading to a 5 foot 150 gallon (60x24x24) and am going all in on SPS with 8 bulb Giesemann. I may also steal your idea of MP40s on the floor in the back to create gyre over the top and into the overflow. Do you have any issue with flow in the middle of your tank with the internal overflow? Thanks!

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Post 13 was the last time I did a full PAR map, but generally speaking 250-300. My tank is only 22" high with 20" water depth. It's also my understanding that Giesemann produce a bit less PAR. So with an 8 bulb, you might get a little less on the bottom. As far as flow, my tank is only 40" long so I have no middle flow issues. If my tank was 48", I'd probably add one more in the middle, or do one on either end and one in the middle. At your length, I'd seriously consider at least one on each end rather than all on the back wall.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. Post 13 was the last time I did a full PAR map, but generally speaking 250-300. My tank is only 22" high with 20" water depth. It's also my understanding that Giesemann produce a bit less PAR. So with an 8 bulb, you might get a little less on the bottom. As far as flow, my tank is only 40" long so I have no middle flow issues. If my tank was 48", I'd probably add one more in the middle, or do one on either end and one in the middle. At your length, I'd seriously consider at least one on each end rather than all on the back wall.
Thanks! Yeah I figured the Giesemann would pump out a tad less par but was curious as to your updated numbers. I’ll get it up and running and cross that bridge when I get to it.

As far as flow goes my original plan was to put two on each side but I may play with the placement some. I do like the look of clean sides though. We shall see. Thanks again!

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What camera do you use for pictures?

I use a Nikon D5500 with an Avast port hole. For lenses, lately I've just been using a standard 18-55mm kit lens. I was using a Tokina macro lens but as the corals are growing, I can't get the whole colony in the pic and quite a bit ends up blurred. I actually didn't even have a kit lens with my camera so I had to go out and buy one! But luckily it was only $25. ;Woot

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the acid trip and from what size?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the acid trip and from what size?

That's a good question. I keep pretty good records of my coral purchases, but I can't find that one... The oldest picture I can find is from when I placed it, 04/19/2019:

35.JPG

I think this might be my first close up shot from 06/02/2019:

59.JPG

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good question. I keep pretty good records of my coral purchases, but I can't find that one... The oldest picture I can find is from when I placed it, 04/19/2019:

35.JPG

I think this might be my first close up shot from 06/02/2019:

59.JPG

That's some impressive growth in a little over a year!

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does a colony of the JF Jolt look like? The frag is beautiful.

We will see. Googling it, it looks like it can get either pink or red polyps, but I don't see that yet on mine. Though I'm not sure if that's just some crazy photoshop parlor tricks.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New acquisition tease list...

RR Angry Birds
RR Firecracker