Diving The World's 80g Acro Wonderland!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I got mine from Copps years ago. It's getting around 280-300 PAR. It's a super hardy acro and survived my major acro crash about 3 years back. It totally browned out, but eventually came back to life.

Should be the same one then. Adam said he got his from Copps also. Hope mine eventually comes around instead of the turd it currently is. Yours looks great!

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Aquatic-Man

292.JPG

It looks like it's missing some chunks?
Somebody get hungry or are those the result of the scraper hitting it while cleaning glass?

It's a beautiful coral, thanks for posting it.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it's missing some chunks?
Somebody get hungry or are those the result of the scraper hitting it while cleaning glass?

It's a beautiful coral, thanks for posting it.

That’s from me clipping it back to avoid it getting too close to the glass. It’s in scraper range now, but it just results in some tips scraped off once a week.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my confetti remains pretty blah looking, do you have an idea about how much PAR your's is getting? Thanks.

Yes, it's currently at around 380 PAR. Mine has also looked blah for a long time with ok color, but not even barely encrusting. Recently I greatly reduced my GFO (actually just turned it off about 2 weeks ago) and I'm seeing much better color and it's begun encrusting. I find it to be a very picky coral (as everything Vivid seems to be for me...) and perhaps GFO is an issue for it?

montethemoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's currently at around 380 PAR. Mine has also looked blah for a long time with ok color, but not even barely encrusting. Recently I greatly reduced my GFO (actually just turned it off about 2 weeks ago) and I'm seeing much better color and it's begun encrusting. I find it to be a very picky coral (as everything Vivid seems to be for me...) and perhaps GFO is an issue for it?

Interesting, do you think removing your GFO has been generally helpful for your acro's, or has it been more specific to just the confetti? Thanks for the response.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, do you think removing your GFO has been generally helpful for your acro's, or has it been more specific to just the confetti? Thanks for the response.

So far just Confetti. Time will tell if it has impact on others. Other acros I've had some difficulty with are JF Homewrecker and RRA Ultimate Orange Passion. With Homewrecker I get a super bright green color with decent polyp extension, but it grows super slow and I can't get any orange. With UOP, it is just not happy. I bought two separate frags and mounted them together. One RTN'd a few days ago...$400 burn... The other I decided to put back on a plug and move around to see if I can find a spot it likes. I'm hopeful that my GFO removal will help both of those.

montethemoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information. Seems like you are not the only one that has difficulty with those two, and given your success seems reasonable to give them a try. Hopefully, the HW will turn around and you can find a prime spot for the UOP!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far just Confetti. Time will tell if it has impact on others. Other acros I've had some difficulty with are JF Homewrecker and RRA Ultimate Orange Passion. With Homewrecker I get a super bright green color with decent polyp extension, but it grows super slow and I can't get any orange. With UOP, it is just not happy. I bought two separate frags and mounted them together. One RTN'd a few days ago...$400 burn... The other I decided to put back on a plug and move around to see if I can find a spot it likes. I'm hopeful that my GFO removal will help both of those.

Ouch! Man thats tough. Now I don't feel too bad about the RTN on my Red Dragon.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back