OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta learn how to take some pictures. I swear I have some pieces that look this nice to my eye, but on my phone... meh.

Keep the inspiration coming please. I am lazy on some things.
Thanks. Just keep taking them and they’ll get better. If you look back a couple years in my thread they are not as nice. ;Woot

I took thousands of photos before I started to figure it out. My goal with photos is to not make the corals look pretty, but to make them as accurate as possible to the way they look to my eye. The beauty in the corals takes care of the rest.

coral408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through major parts of your thread.
What an inspirational tank with colorful reefs!
Thanks for sharing your reefing experiences.
You mentioned the photos were taken with a Nikon camera. Are you still using filters for shots and what are the camera settings, if you don’t mind to share some techniques? thanks.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through major parts of your thread.
What an inspirational tank with colorful reefs!
Thanks for sharing your reefing experiences.
You mentioned the photos were taken with a Nikon camera. Are you still using filters for shots and what are the camera settings, if you don’t mind to share some techniques? thanks.
I usually just use auto, no flash. I take pics when all the lights are on but turn off my MP40s. If I’m taking a top down photo outside the water, I also turn off my return so the water is super still. And yes, I use an orange/brown gel to cut the blue. I had to try a bunch before I found one that worked well with my tank/light combo. I don’t know the exact color because I bought a stack of colors off eBay and they’re not labeled.

For in tank photos I use an Avast port hole. For outside the tank, I use my old trusty iPhone 6.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RRU Event Horizon Milli

414.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RRU Event Horizon Milli

414.JPG
That is a favorite of mine. Sadly, mine went immediately brown in a simple dip in Melafix solution and never recovered. I put 50 other frags through the same with no issue. It was so weird, so instant.

My only guess was that I had it too close to a heater placed in the dip tray.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back