DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****Public Service Announcement ****
Recently I noticed that my Bubblegum Digi was looking a bit off. It's usually my canary in a coal mine so I started investigating. All my testing came back good, so I started checking equipment and found this...

If you have a Neptune MPR Magnetic Probe Holder, you should be checking it often! I have never cleaned mine in vinegar or anything caustic. It's just been sitting in my sump and this happened...

475.JPG

476.JPG

477.JPG

I emailed Neptune support and they were less than helpful. Essentially just recommended I replace with another magnet. So if your Honda breaks down, you should just go out and buy a Toyota?

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye on theirs for any sort of swelling/splitting. As for my tank, I think I dodged a bullet. I yanked it and am running some Polyfilter so should be good to go.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****Public Service Announcement ****
Recently I noticed that my Bubblegum Digi was looking a bit off. It's usually my canary in a coal mine so I started investigating. All my testing came back good, so I started checking equipment and found this...

If you have a Neptune MPR Magnetic Probe Holder, you should be checking it often! I have never cleaned mine in vinegar or anything caustic. It's just been sitting in my sump and this happened...

475.JPG

476.JPG

477.JPG

I emailed Neptune support and they were less than helpful. Essentially just recommended I replace with another magnet. So if your Honda breaks down, you should just go out and buy a Toyota?

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye on theirs for any sort of swelling/splitting. As for my tank, I think I dodged a bullet. I yanked it and am running some Polyfilter so should be good to go.
Dang that's frustrating! Glad you found it!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back