DIY 10 gallon AIO moving to a 20 long DIY AIO!!!

LionfishMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! How did you do the slots in the finished picture when you’re holding the tank though? They look different from the overflow slots in the clear acrylic?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water test underway. The wall and dividers are sealed up perfect. Little jebao wave maker is rocking it out lol.

FF1653D5-B548-4288-BD24-251157A68D4C.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The planning of where to put the tank has began. The 10 gallon used to site where the small laptop and small monitor are (left side of pic). Normally the blinds are not open, so it could go there. The laptop and setup are just temporarily, as they have to be used to access a remote network for some programming I have to do. I also have the open space on the desk on the right side of the pic, but then when people come in here, they have to look through the tank or over it. Either place, I have a spot for the ATO container, but just not sure.

Will take suggestions lol. Also, Ignore my old old old chair that is dead. I love that thing. As well as no pictures on the wall. I have only been in here 2 weeks and not put them back up yet lol.

yes those are 2x 42" 4k TVs as monitors. I work in CAD, AirMagnet and a ton of other programs where they are needed. I promise there is no gaming or netflix going on here. Only some wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff every now and again.

IMG_2621.jpg

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the left looks good. I saw your pic before I read your post lol. But you hit the nail on the head. I told myself. Wow those are some big monitors. I bet he does some kind of programming due to the 4 monitors and well he is a DIY guy. Then I looked at your chair, and though it might be time to burn that thing. LOL. I think i was more focused on your cool lamp thought
1565015970047.png

Anyways. Nice work on the tanks!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the left looks good. I saw your pic before I read your post lol. But you hit the nail on the head. I told myself. Wow those are some big monitors. I bet he does some kind of programming due to the 4 monitors and well he is a DIY guy. Then I looked at your chair, and though it might be time to burn that thing. LOL. I think i was more focused on your cool lamp thought
1565015970047.png

Anyways. Nice work on the tanks!
It actually works. Weed eater piston for a pull handle with a pull switch hidden for a ceiling fan in the diverter valve.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The planning of where to put the tank has began. The 10 gallon used to site where the small laptop and small monitor are (left side of pic). Normally the blinds are not open, so it could go there. The laptop and setup are just temporarily, as they have to be used to access a remote network for some programming I have to do. I also have the open space on the desk on the right side of the pic, but then when people come in here, they have to look through the tank or over it. Either place, I have a spot for the ATO container, but just not sure.

Will take suggestions lol. Also, Ignore my old old old chair that is dead. I love that thing. As well as no pictures on the wall. I have only been in here 2 weeks and not put them back up yet lol.

yes those are 2x 42" 4k TVs as monitors. I work in CAD, AirMagnet and a ton of other programs where they are needed. I promise there is no gaming or netflix going on here. Only some wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff every now and again.

IMG_2621.jpg

You need a sonic screwdriver to complete that set on the corner of your desk...

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am going to make this a true all in one. Being a 20 long it is going to be tough. I really do not want to mount the arm on the back side of the tank, although that is an option. I was thinking of doing a base plate for the tank to sit on and then doing an arm that ties to the base plate to come over the sump area. The first option of mounting to the back side seems best though. It will be less of it being seen.

Not sure. I have a ton of scrap wood, so we shall see lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went with the light mount fastened to a base and attached on backside of tank portion. So far this is the cheapest thing I have ever done with reef tanks lol. I have no idea where half this stuff came from I am using. Too many tank buyout for the corals I guess.

E949B484-0ACA-4CC5-BBD1-E4672B96DEE8.jpeg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2621.jpg
You must get tensed at times.LOL
The arm rest are worn. Heeee
Just noticed

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back