DIY 10 gallon AIO moving to a 20 long DIY AIO!!!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well testing this morning shows everything bottomed out again. NO3 and PO4 at 0. Well PO4 is showing as .01 on the hanna, but zero color on salifert, so I will assume 0 since the hanna has a .01 margin of error. Still trying to figure out what is consuming the PO4 at the rate it is. There are not that many corals, and the ones that are there are small. Only filtration at this point is some filter floss. No fuge or decorative macro.

The dinos have not showed themselves yet and the lights have been on for 2 hours now. I guess I am going to dose again and see what happens. So far I have not had to clean the glass at all, which is not good. It shows that there is not enough nutrients for that even.

Now I just need to figure out what to do about the nutrient level. I will take the PO4 to .08 over the course of the day and the NO3 to 5 and see where that goes. Maybe if I get some equilibrium somewhere nutrient wise it will hold on its own. I do not want to dose at all lol.

I am pondering getting a pair of clowns, but then that is 30 days or so until they get added. my other tanks have no "Spare Fish" lol. I would also have to give them a nem so they could try to negotiate a fair cost for it to host them. The nem is the easy part lol. I have bunches of babies/splits. Possum wrasse has been going through my head too.

Then there is the option of just popping some fish in and risking it. Worst case it only affects this tank. Don't like that idea though. Uhhhhhhhh. At least I have things to ponder during the mass of conference call about upcoming conference calls today.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did manage to remember my polyp lab lens thingy and bring it to work. Got a few coral shots. Still need to figure out how to work the phone. I have seen some awesome iphone shots with this lens, but I may be zooming in too far or whatever. Another task to do while on some of these calls, shot coral pics till I figure out how to do it lol.

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You need more practice. Lol. Ok, I need more coral!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I now have algae on the glass. Wooohoooo. Still having to dose NO3 and PO4, but I plan to add a few more fish once I figure out what I want, and when they come out of QT. So dosing for a month or 2 is not too bad lol.

Back