DIY 3D printed Digital Color Analysis for Aquarium test tubes under $15 and no soldering required.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go ESP, you can use ESPHome and really not have to write any actual code at all, it can all be yml.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go ESP, you can use ESPHome and really not have to write any actual code at all, it can all be yml.
That ESP home looks like a neat project to easily create "smart" devices to interact with "smart homes". I was not aware of it, thanks for sharing! I think I will keep it simple for this project to make it as standalone as possible (no wifi/phone) required. Kind of like the hanna checkers we already use but maybe with more functionality and compatible with other reagents.
I'd also like to contribute to the OP idea of gathering values from different test kits so we can build a comprehensive database.
BTW, did you notice that post from monkeyCmonkeyDo? I've seen it in other threads. Looks like an AI bot to me.

OP
OP
W

wacky123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MikeTheNewbie @garbled I believe you guys are right about connecting a DC motor directly to the ESP, a controller would be suggested although i found these chips to be extremely robust and tough for these diy projects. i have been using esp8266 chip to power my 5v servo to open/close my windows for almost 5yr and never had a problem.
I mentioned in the project the mixer is optional still trying to work out kinks, i recommend using Redsea vial they are little bit more wider and lighter so it seems to rotate and mix little better and use rubber on the base so there is friction and bumpy.
I'm working on automatic KH tester, ordered the parts should be here soon .. i hope you guys will like it.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t spent much time looking for a dc motor driver but if I can’t find a very small one I might direct wire it to the ESP like you did and see how long it lasts. I’m sure we will notice when it fails.
I got the OLED screen and the buttons working last weekend and I also tested the light sensor that @garbled recommended.
Now I need to link them on the same program.

@wacky123 What are you thinking for KH? A tritation mechanism? Hanna does that without tritation. KH is actually one of their simpler testers.

OP
OP
W

wacky123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t spent much time looking for a dc motor driver but if I can’t find a very small one I might direct wire it to the ESP like you did and see how long it lasts. I’m sure we will notice when it fails.
I got the OLED screen and the buttons working last weekend and I also tested the light sensor that @garbled recommended.
Now I need to link them on the same program.

@wacky123 What are you thinking for KH? A tritation mechanism? Hanna does that without tritation. KH is actually one of their simpler testers.
For the life of me i can't seem to figure out what Hanna uses for there KH detection test. there is a wide rang of ph indicator that can be used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH_indicator.
I believe in simplicity and for a DIY project getting things that are easily available for other is the key, so i'm planning Api KH bottle, relay to squeeze the bottle, counter module, small pumps and magnetic stir for mixing .... models are done just waiting for parts now

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I'm having trouble running the code for the TCS34725 color sensor and the SSD1306 LED screen.
They are both connected to the same i2c pins and they work great independently. I have one sketch where i can push the 4 buttons on the little stick and i can see the output on the screen. I have another where i can place different colors in front of the sensor and read the values over serial. When I try to mix the libraries, the code compiles but the processor hangs.
I'm thinking about trying Adafruit libraries for both components to see if they are compatible. I'll share an update later. Maybe by the weekend.

NIKE454545

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
我没有花很多时间寻找直流电机驱动器,但如果我找不到一个非常小的,我可能会直接把它连接到(尤指),就像你做的那样,看看它能持续多久.我相信当它失败的时候我们会注意到的.
上周末,我开始使用屏幕和按钮,我还测试了@gared推荐的光传感器。
现在我需要把它们连接到同一个程序上。

@wacky123您对kh有什么想法?一个密探机制?汉娜不受诱惑就这么做了.KH实际上是他们简单的测试人员之一.

更新:我在运行TCS 34725彩色传感器和SSD 1306 LED屏幕的代码时遇到了问题。
它们都连接到相同的i2C引脚上,并且各自独立工作。我有一个草图,我可以按下小棒上的4个按钮,我可以看到屏幕上的输出。我有另一个地方,我可以把不同的颜色在传感器和读取值的串行。当我试图混合库时,代码会编译,但是处理器会挂起。
我正在考虑为这两个组件尝试使用Adafruit库,看看它们是否兼容。稍后我将分享一个更新。也许周末之前。
凉爽的,
Update: I'm having trouble running the code for the TCS34725 color sensor and the SSD1306 LED screen.
They are both connected to the same i2c pins and they work great independently. I have one sketch where i can push the 4 buttons on the little stick and i can see the output on the screen. I have another where i can place different colors in front of the sensor and read the values over serial. When I try to mix the libraries, the code compiles but the processor hangs.
I'm thinking about trying Adafruit libraries for both components to see if they are compatible. I'll share an update later. Maybe by the weekend.
I think it would be a good idea to use the ESP D1 Mini for this because it's very small and would give you a lot of casing size

OP
OP
W

wacky123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can post the schema and code some where and i can try to figure out the issue ... some times the libraries conflict and case issues on runtime

NIKE454545

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can post the schema and code some where and i can try to figure out the issue ... some times the libraries conflict and case issues on runtime
Hello, there is a problem that bothers me. After scrolling the program, I switch the test but don't show the chart information. What is the reason?

gnelderiu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the different things being made and shared in the 3d printing world it can be really hard to find what is even available to us reefers. To help remedy that I thought I'd start an archived thread of all the 3d printed freely available parts I am able to find.https://www.mazuzee.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=136
This is only for parts that free to download and print, they do not necessarily allow for Commercial sales of the items though. You need to check the license or contact the creators if you want to sell a printed object they designed unless otherwise stated in the license agreement.
If you have any of your own parts or parts you have found that are free for personal use reply to this thread and I will add them to the list!
I have categorized the products available by theme or specific tank or accessory they are for:

OP
OP
W

wacky123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the different things being made and shared in the 3d printing world it can be really hard to find what is even available to us reefers. To help remedy that I thought I'd start an archived thread of all the 3d printed freely available parts I am able to find.https://www.mazuzee.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=136
This is only for parts that free to download and print, they do not necessarily allow for Commercial sales of the items though. You need to check the license or contact the creators if you want to sell a printed object they designed unless otherwise stated in the license agreement.
If you have any of your own parts or parts you have found that are free for personal use reply to this thread and I will add them to the list!
I have categorized the products available by theme or specific tank or accessory they are for:
Hi @gnelderiu thanks for adding this to the list .
Yes all the parts are made by me and there is license set on thingiverse for personal use only and no commercial use.

I have another project that would make a great candidate for your list .. its PH and temp Probe integrated with Cloud service on esp8266

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back