DIY AIO Frag tank V2, new design, work very well!

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

Previously I made a really simple Frag tank that was actually happy with, work well, this was the version 1:

But I had to remove the filter for space reason so I decide to redo my frag tank completely and applying what I learn from my previous DIY AIO aquarium with a new design in the intake.
So here is the Version 2 of the frag tank and it as been running for almost a month now and I'm super please with the results:

After you watch the video I think some of you will be concern with the intake, but here the thing:
I only plan to put one fish (Sixline Wrasse or Damsel Springeri), so I might simply put a simple mesh that I have like I shown in the video, will see, I think it will be fine without it. For the evaporation, I didn't mention much in the video but I simply put water manually time to time, but I planned to add a ATO.

I hope this inspire you to make your own tank, now will excuse me, need to add some corals in it :p

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the videos, they where very interesting and informative. BTW Happy Canada Day, joyeux jour du Canada.

1593652048551.png
1593652086982.png

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the videos, they where very interesting and informative. BTW Happy Canada Day, joyeux jour du Canada.

1593652048551.png
1593652086982.png

Hehe merci :)
Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to see some frags in it

Yeah I need to put some back in it! At the moment i'm speaking I use it like a Quarantine for 1 fish.
But I don't plan to do content with frag tank, I find it a little bit too boring, I prefer real tank hehe :p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back