DIY anemone guard for Red Sea Reefwave 25 /gyre style wavemaker

duvalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers, I saw there wasn't a whole lot of information/products on protecting your anemones from gyres so I figured Id share my solution (hopefully, we will see) to this problem.
For the RedSea Reefwave, and im sure this works for all other gyre wavemakers, I just went to my local crafts store and picked up a sheet of "7-mesh", cut it out to fit over the pump and used zip ties to hold it down secure. It seems to cover it pretty well and I think the anemone would survive the worst of it, if it decided to wonder into it. The only problem I think I will face with this is it getting gunked up from time to time, but its easy to remove, clean or replace if need be. Oh and I had to turn the flow up from 70% to 100% to combat the blockage caused by the 7mesh. I will post on here again with updates to let yall know how it goes.

6E7A21C2-2CD3-48DE-9860-A82EF9216464.jpeg

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to bring up an old thread, but wouldn't the ones that come with it work about the same? I have seen some 3d printed ones, but can't find the files.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back