DIY controller board vs adaptive reef and show me what you got thread

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda thinking about the adaptive reef controller board... it's not cheap tho not to crazy but is it worth the cash?

I was just planning on making my own but by the time I get all those fancy grommets and what not might be there anyway.

anyone have one of these?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda thinking about the adaptive reef controller board... it's not cheap tho not to crazy but is it worth the cash?

I was just planning on making my own but by the time I get all those fancy grommets and what not might be there anyway.

anyone have one of these?
Do your own if you have the skills. The ready ones go way too expensive for what it is.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking through the big controller board/cabinet thread for ideas. I know I can build one its just a matter of will it look nice?

i dont understand how ppl are accessing the gear behind the boards? my goal is not to have a rat nest of wires but also be able to unplug and get to stuff with out needing to dissemble a puzzle ...

how are y'all going it?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looking through the big controller board/cabinet thread for ideas. I know I can build one its just a matter of will it look nice?

i dont understand how ppl are accessing the gear behind the boards? my goal is not to have a rat nest of wires but also be able to unplug and get to stuff with out needing to dissemble a puzzle ...

how are y'all going it?

Mine isn't anything fancy, but it's a "mobile" cabinet on 3 rollers next to my stand. Fairly easy to get behind. I can take some pics tomorrow when I get behind there to re-wire some stuff.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine isn't anything fancy, but it's a "mobile" cabinet on 3 rollers next to my stand. Fairly easy to get behind. I can take some pics tomorrow when I get behind there to re-wire some stuff.

that would be great!
seems like no matter what you have in this hobby there are pros and cons..lol
I have a build in controller cabbie in my stand of the red sea 650P but i kinda think it would be easier with an external cabinet.
but I m sure if i had no space in my stand I would be gripping that i wish I had.

that said I think I have an idea to make it work if/when i dies I think its going to be great.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that would be great!
seems like no matter what you have in this hobby there are pros and cons..lol
I have a build in controller cabbie in my stand of the red sea 650P but i kinda think it would be easier with an external cabinet.
but I m sure if i had no space in my stand I would be gripping that i wish I had.

that said I think I have an idea to make it work if/when i dies I think its going to be great.
20201129_144639.jpg

All the wiring is in the cavity behind the board. Bit of a rats nest, but I'm slowly working on it.

20201129_144833.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201129_144639.jpg

All the wiring is in the cavity behind the board. Bit of a rats nest, but I'm slowly working on it.

20201129_144833.jpg

nice looks like I'll be doing something alone those lines. I dont mind the wired as long as there out of sight. that said I'll do my best to try to keep is organized.

mine is going to be in my stand so I am trying to figure out a way to access the back of the controller board. thinking hing might do the trick...

Back