DIY frozen food

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any simple step by step procedure (and recepe) to make frozen food cubes with fish from fish store? i would like to try

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I have made food using the 2nd link before. I think I blended it too long and turned it too mush. It was very nutrient dense with not a lot of big chunks for my larger fish so I just roughly cut up some seafood from the market and now mix the 2. When I make another batch, I have heard running it through a meat grinder will get better consistently. Good luck!

OP
OP
I

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both have a lot of ingredient that are impossibile to find in fish market here, because they only sell fishes for human. no krill, mysis, copepods and so on.

if i have to buy online these ingredients, would be much easier to but the Frozen food directly

i'm looking for something based only on food for humans (tuna, salmon, clams, shrinps, and so on)

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those links are just guides, mold them to what works for you. I purchased the dry ingredients online. And then any fresh/cold/perishable items I bought from fish market, if they fish market didn’t have the item; just substitute for something similar or leave it off.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, just use the recipes as guidelines, or better yet, go totally freestyle. The important thing is to give your fish a variety. I alternate between DIY frozen foods, flakes, frozen mysis, pellets, etc. Just visit your fish monger and buy a variety of things from the sea and chop them up, freeze in a gallon ziplock, and cut up. One question to ask, if they use Sodium Tripolyphosphate....it doesn't need to be labelled, but they should tell you if they use it....it makes fish/clams look shiny and fresh. You don't need that extra phosphate in your tank.

Here's an example of a mollusk mix I make:

DIY Food - Mollusk Feast

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back