DIY Glass Tank Kits. Anyone interested in building your with pre-cut panels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

5G Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could also see a market for a small all in one tank ato reservoir that fits in the return pump chamber of the nano cube? I would like one.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in a diy kit, but only in custom dimensions. If it were a readily available size id personally just buy one with a warranty for the cost difference.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea! However you would need a community of successful builds and people willing to answer questions. Maybe a discord? something like what Voron has for 3d printing. I recently had someone from IG reach out about building an algae scrubber with acrylic because I had and posted it. I spent more time assuring him how easy it was to cut and glue acrylic then telling him how to do it. After he did it I get a text back saying it was way easier than he thought. Many can DIY but few have the confidence to do so.

Not diminishing good professional acrylic work of course.

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea if it came with some simple tools to help alignment and bonding. If you look at the XAQUA InOut kit, they provide simple stickers to help with drilling and alignment.

I think the market segment is right because quite a lot of us are DIY oriented. I think Avast Marine employs a similar model for their reactors and other parts that they offer at a significant discount and immediate shipment if you buy the parts kit instead of completed.

I would be very interested.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back