Diy Home Depot Vanity Cabinet Stand

Nicksdc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever use one of these cabinets to diy a stand? I figure you would pull out the bottom base shelf. Remove the top drawer. And basically just build the frame inside it. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20200925-074451__01.jpg Screenshot_20200925-074626__01.jpg

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t see any reason that wouldn’t work, as long as you don’t expect it to hold any tank weight. You’d want to make sure the corners of your tank were supported by the stand you build inside too.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure to bring the supports internally down to the ground. Most of the cabinets have kind of a false bottom. If you build structure inside and down to the floor it basically becomes a skin. Just like a structural stand which people then skin with some thin plywood or MDF. Keep in mind too that most of those cabinets are MDF as well as some of the smaller AIO stands. MDF if un sealed soaks up water and falls apart something fierce. So paint it or seal it.

OP
OP
Nicksdc

Nicksdc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good points. Sounds good gents. It fits the dims of my new tank, I wanted it slightly taller but this will do. It's almost too inexpensive to not try.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back