DIY Led specs info.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i wona upgrade me light on me 48x24x18 high aim not happy vith me curent led specs and was wondering if any one cona help me vith me new specs i curently own Typhone controler have olready 6 meanwell driver ELN 60-48P (specialy pick for the typhone controler) me new Led combo is consider from two heatsinks each have 36 Led oll led is Cree XP-E-RB-24 pcs , XP-E-B 16 pcs,[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XP-G-R5-CW 24 pcs, XP-E Green 4 pcs, Osram 660 red - 4 , + moon lights led , i cona divid this betven two heatsinks each cona have 12 RB , 8 B , 12 CW , 2 Green , 2 Red and i was thinking tu have 12 RB in 1 driver , 12 CW -1 driver , 8 B -2Red-2 Green on 1 driver so 3 difrent channels tu be able tu dim the led + have sunrise -sunset for each channel vhot you guys think please help. thanks.[/FONT]​

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have now? What don't you like about them?

I would stay away from greens. Also, instead of the reds, you should mix your cool whites with neutral whites.

CJ

OP
OP
blesk

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Cj ty so here letc try this
Cree XP-E-RB-24 pcs , XP-E-B 20 pcs,XP-G-R5-CW 12 pcs,XP-G-NW 12 pcs, Violet UV-4, Osram 660 red - 4 or you have any othre advice i cona split this on two heatsinks .

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a pretty good combination, especially since you can dim each of them separately. Are you going to put the violets and reds on the same dimmer? Do they have similar specifications?

CJ

OP
OP
blesk

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was think tu du paralel use 60-48p driver vhot is 1300 amp tu drive 2 strings off 12 RB, nothre driver tu run 2 of 6cw and 6 nw (total 12 in each string ) the last 3 driver run two strings of 8B - 2 Red -2 Uv total 12 in 2 strings (total off 12 in each string)
oll is parallel cnected vith resistor and fuse and was thinking tu run the RB at 90% - whites on around 35-45% and the mix off blues-red-uv on around 40-50% vhot you think abouth this .

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to use Reds ensure your Cool Whites are the Coolest bin or things will look a bit warm for a reef tank. Also for the best colour pop use the Bin D316 Royal Blue.

The Reds Greens and UV are the spice. Its best to put them on separate drivers to control the colour perfectly. Also be careful of the UV some max out at only 500mA.

Bill

pmgaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have to ask, your from Baltimore but I cant understand a
word you typed, are you just getting to the US?
Or is your keyboard mislabeled?
Not being mean but I mean Gee Wizz, learn how to spell ***

OP
OP
blesk

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have to ask, your from Baltimore but I cant understand a
word you typed, are you just getting to the US?
Or is your keyboard mislabeled?
Not being mean but I mean Gee Wizz, learn how to spell ***

All i ask is for help is not easy to come from different country and learn the lang to be able at least speak i try me best so give me break i was think this is world wide forum and i don't think aim the only one from different country here even if i live in Bmore .

pmgaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didt say anything bad just guessed you were new to our country. but THAT sentence you just typed is much different than the ones above, THAT is what I was referring to. using whole words helps..
welcome....to.... the US

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back