DIY medication foods

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking to copy a DIY recipe of medicated foods. I seen API General cure was the best to use but I can’t find any in stock anywhere.

many other diy powder recipes out there to treat internal parasites in a reef display?

I currently don’t see any signs of internal parasites but I’d like to do this for every new fish I get or just to have the stuff on hand.

tyvm

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a couple of tools here that allow you to dose medicated food properly. It is more difficult to do it correctly, but worth it in terms of benefit and safety to the fish. The crux of the issue is most people do this: add some medication to focus, add some focus/meds to some amount of food and feed some food to the fish. Each time you see the word "some" that is an uncontrolled variable. With four variables like that, you really have NO idea of your dose.

Here are the links:

Jay

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a couple of tools here that allow you to dose medicated food properly. It is more difficult to do it correctly, but worth it in terms of benefit and safety to the fish. The crux of the issue is most people do this: add some medication to focus, add some focus/meds to some amount of food and feed some food to the fish. Each time you see the word "some" that is an uncontrolled variable. With four variables like that, you really have NO idea of your dose.

Here are the links:

Jay

Thank you very much. It seems a little complicating to me on figuring out what medication to use but I’ll have to read it again. Hopefully I understand it better then.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back