DIY (Mini LCD Clock - Feeder MINDER) Feeding Anthias / Lower or Raise your Nutrients (N & P)

IgnatiusRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Topic of Age....Here is a photo of me during my Tank Upgrade this last Jan 2018.

43980932460_d3f007c5b5_z.jpg

The story behind this, is I had to cut thru that Corner STEEL Stud, to go from 3ft IN WALL office Tank to 4 Foot.
Dangerous shrapnel work to cut thru steel.
Couldn't find my Eye Protective Googles, so this halloween mask did the job.
Son took the photo since he though it was hilarious.
Not funny when you loose an eye.

HAHA! That is priceless! Please tell me you talked in Vader voice the whole time you were working like that!

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit the JUNK JACKPOT.

I couldn't find any of the OLD Audio Tapes/Cases, but while digging thru boxes, I found my OLD Video Camera VHS-C tapes.

When I saw them I thought about the SOAPBOX Idea (size)...

I transferred Past Movies a while ago to DVD.....

45798238601_b1cbe96c75_b.jpg

The VHS-C cases are perfect. Clear. THICKER....so..Plenty of room. Now that I look close the Audio case would have been tough, if not impossible to use.

I have a bunch of these cases......

So now I can take TANK-MATE V2.0 Pre-orders for the Christmas rush. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V1.1 Feedmate ( Completed ) Enclosure from VHS-C Tape Case

Here is it......

44909768875_600398b379_b.jpg

Enclosure is NOT quite complete (fine detailing pending), but the Case is proven for Size. (plenty of room for extras like mini Speaker)

I have to thank @Katrina71 for the Soapbox Idea. It's was the trigger when I saw the OLD VHS-C Tape cases.

Now there is a (new) BUTTON, which means... much more can be done for SETUP features, compared to a pure Reboot-RESTART-ONLY.

Next comes some Software Programming using that Button, for CUSTOM CONFIGURATION control. (and other ideas I have)

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Case completed ( Black/Clear ) Design

To be honest. I don't like the Black Look (but depends where it's placed)

Clear is better even if showing Gizmo Insides.

44923705145_e1becafd1c.jpg

Kind of like the Back (open Concept)

30896831827_81b0803d51.jpg

Either way is easy. Black isn't paint. Just Electrical Tape.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody has been busy
Yeah...but it didn't take that long to make. Couple of hours.

First one takes the most time.

And I was down at my mom's place today to fix her garage door.
Dad used to have a VHS-C Camcorder, and I found a bunch of empty cases in their media drawer in TV room.

30897509067_22ebecd1a7.jpg

So I can make more.

For me I want one for each of my two tanks. Possibly one for QT. One for Son's Gaming Computer.
Someday, I may update the Program to run multiple tanks from one unit.

I am also thinking this could track adding DROP ADDITIVES to tank, like Aminos, Food.
Daily, Every other day...... or once a week (whatever).
All in one unit.
(Currently I do by Hand with Markers on a Printed Monthly Calendar on wall...to track things....NOT TO OVERDOSE Coral Additives....Which is easy with my distractions)

Next, I have to finish the programming for all the Custom Features......

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (Coming soon) **

Recruited a few R2R members on my BuildThread ( @Rakie @NY_Caveman @IgnatiusRath and possibly one more special guest )

Starting up a small group of FeedMate-Dream-Team-Designers.

Gen 2 of Feed-Mate Minder V2.0 is in the works.

45855100411_e7c9dcc548.jpg

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome :) . Thank you for sharing. you can also throw in a servo or two and have some mechanical display for reminder or even a tiny bell or buzzer :)
Hmmm.....I will pass that on to the Design Team, which are just about to assemble in the Design Center.

We face our first two challenges, ONE WHICH YOU JUST Brought up......

First is we had to rename my "Man Cave" to the "Design Center" since one of the Designers is a lady ( @Katrina71 )...

The second challenge is your idea...Buzzer or Sound type?

These were the spare parts I had.....

44958872015_d47f6efea0_z.jpg

Considering the size of the FeedMate Cases see at the back......It was a no brainer to pick the PizzoElectric Buzzers (leftmost... of the 3 choices)

Next challenge is the Lighting and LED's (Choices are RED, GREEN, YELLOW and BLUE).....I'm thinking one of each, if things fit.

ONCE WE HAVE THE parts included in the SPEC....I'll update the Circuit Wiring Diagram.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.....I will pass that on to the Design Team, which are just about to assemble in the Design Center.

We face our first two challenges, ONE WHICH YOU JUST Brought up......

First is we had to rename my "Man Cave" to the "Design Center" since one of the Designers is a lady ( @Katrina71 )...

The second challenge is your idea...Buzzer or Sound type?

These were the spare parts I had.....

44958872015_d47f6efea0_z.jpg

Considering the size of the FeedMate Cases see at the back......It was a no brainer to pick the PizzoElectric Buzzers (leftmost... of the 3 choices)

Next challenge is the Lighting and LED's (Choices are RED, GREEN, YELLOW and BLUE).....I'm thinking one of each, if things fit.

ONCE WE HAVE THE parts included in the SPEC....I'll update the Circuit Wiring Diagram.
Yeah these are all very good candidates. I would also recommend keeping the 8 ohm mini speakers as an option :-0) https://www.adafruit.com/product/3923

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah these are all very good candidates. I would also recommend keeping the 8 ohm mini speakers as an option :-0) https://www.adafruit.com/product/3923
Those are cool. Didn't know they existed. Thanks. However for this project one goal is to use up the spare parts I have hanging around.
And the mini pizo's run directly off the Ardiuno for small chirps, beeps. Maybe these do too...without a mini amp circuit.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electronic Components Completed ( 4 Modules )

Best thing was finding the tri-Color LEDS to make thing compact, and less wiring. (more Colors too, then just Red, Green and Blue, when mixed)
45036770835_cc20d1f03d.jpg

All Assemblies nice and compact.

32137618508_542f22c05b_c.jpg

With new Two TOP Button Case Design.

45098714485_a8c4847335.jpg

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE on the TANK MATE (Timer Plus) Project......

The team @Rakie , @NY_Caveman, @Katrina71, @IgnatiusRath and I have been working quietly on a chat forum.

Today I finished the Final Hardware Design Model.....(Got going on more Lighting, LEDS....Will update Circuit Diagram soon)

Here is a test run VIDEO with some Demo Code. (Not the best video. Final will be better, but gives you an idea).

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FINAL HARDWARE Design (with Circuit Diagram ) GEN 4

The Acrylic VHS-C Case shows off light well. So a few more LEDs added as shown in Wiring Diagram.

An Acrylic Strip to diffuse Light nicely on front, lighting up the Name Label.

The Crystal Dome Light Lense is actually a LED Lense used for DIY Aquarium Lighint.

31100229737_f0d13b2438_z.jpg

The WIRING DIAGRAM (NOTE: The White LED has no Resistor on purpose. Designed for Short bright Light STROBE effects)

45325654354_f8266b0d6a_c.jpg

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! We just gotta figure out how to send you SPS. My tank is boiling over with em..
That would be something Special.........Since you got a lot of Beautiful Specimens....I can only Dream About.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But....first let me get something over to you guys...........

HW almost done....Software is Next......then it will be time to Ship out, after a bit of polishing of the Hardware Dust.

45330970324_3c0f4f4367_b.jpg

They look a little plain not running, but the Button Colors you guys chose do add a Very Nice Accent.

@Rakie ....Figures you picked Yellow....That's the first SPS you would ship to me if Possible...You know which one.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back