OP
Borat

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting on with soldiering work.. this may look a bit messy.. well - but actually everything is well-organised and colour-coded!

20210905_235628.jpg

OP
OP
Borat

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After preparing various JST connectors - I start to assemble it:

- first goes 12V power supply, I simply tape it to the floor with gorilla tape (seriously - as simple as that!)
20210906_153358.jpg

OP
OP
Borat

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PCB with RTC clock (top bit taped in black)

20210906_171020.jpg

There is no need to "mount" all these internal components - it's relatively tightly packed and nothing will move anyway. You won't neeed to open the cover (unless something breaks) - the mini USB port allows you to connect your PC to the pump and upload the program. Assembly/disassembly takes about 5 min..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Borat

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK as I said earlier in this thread - this is my spare pump, my existing pump (that is exactly the same but in black colour) has been in operation for about 3 months now and has proven to be reliable.

So what is the difference between this pump and Kamoer FX-STP? This pump does not have wifi interface, so I can't say it's better in this sense. It is notoriously difficult to have Wifi in Arduino world because Arduino devices that support Wi-fi (such as Nano 33 IOT or ESP32) are 3.3v controllers (versus 5v Arduino Nano). Lots of peripheral devices that work off arduino are actually 5V, so you need to look for specific peripherals that support 3.3v.

To be honest - I don't know why anyone would need wifi for this pump. It's main purpose is to continously dose calcium reactor effluent and you may change the pump settings once a month maximum (if that).

However one thing this pump stands out againts other commercial alternatives is in flexibility of dosing schedule. I am currently assessing the Alk consumption in my tank, both during the day and night time (using my DIY alk monitor) - and plan to upload a peristaltic pump program that would dose certain amount during the day and certain amount during night hours (not all hours - mainly between 3am and 8am). I won't need to fiddle with the program if my dosing requirements change. the "alk curve" will apply generally to the total dosing amount I would set (per minuite).

OP
OP
Borat

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some parts pics..

RTC clock: should look like this, can be different manufacturer (2 shown):
c1.JPG c2.JPG

Rotary encoder: mainly chinese made, lots of different manufacturers, need to be 5 pin (to fit my diagram)
c3.JPG

Oled display: only know one maker
c4.JPG

Murata voltage regulator
c5.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back