BRS

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I went in to the lfs today to pickup a long nose hawk fish and the guy at the store was adamant that it will eat all soft corals and some lps corals. I have never seen that in the research I did on these guys only that you had to worry about inverts around them. Has anyone had issues with hawk fish eating corals before? Not sure what to think now

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
bert236

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
They absolutely do not eat corals of any kind. Your guy was confused.
I didn’t think so. Only think I’m worried about is aggression going forward since it would be the third fish after my two clowns in the tank and after seeing some cool inverts today at the lfs I may just hold off either way. My plan at first was to only buy adult sized crabs and shrimp to minimize the chances of getting eaten but not sure how good of a plan that is.

Top Shelf Aquatics

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a flame hawk and the only coral he eats is my stylopora. Why I don’t know. Has he almost killed the frag…… sadly yes.
My flame hawk primarily lives in my big stylo colony. Never seen him munching on it or any other coral.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Supa

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My flame hawk primarily lives in my big stylo colony. Never seen him munching on it or any other coral.
Mine doesn’t mess with any other of my coral or frags just always taken a liking to the stylo….. idk why…… I feed 2-3 times a day . Variety frozen foods and pellets soaked in garlic guard every now and then. I don’t think he is hungry he just snacks on my stylo and he will eat copepods some too.

AquaSD
BRS

How have you used eggcrate in or around your aquarium?

• Aquarium lid

Votes: 81 29.9%
  • Frag rack

Votes: 142 52.4%
  • Skimmer stand

Votes: 82 30.3%
  • Sump Divider

Votes: 56 20.7%
  • Other (please describe in the discussion)

Votes: 39 14.4%
  • I have not used eggcrate in or around my aquarium

Votes: 69 25.5%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA