Do I have enough rock? (w/photo)

Discussion in 'Aquascape Discussion' started by Lylelovett, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Lylelovett

Lylelovett Active Member

Hi all,

Attached is my tank (currently cycling).

Wondering if I have enough rock? I wanted to make sure I had room for livestock/coral growth and then not COMPLETELY jam packed with it all fills in.

Do I maybe need a couple more small piles of rubble perhaps for some more hiding/grazing type areas?

The tank is 5x2x2 so I have some nice depth I'm playing with.

Any expertise and thoughts welcome! :)

aquascape.jpg

Captain Quint and NY_Caveman like this.
    Tags:

2. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

I rather like the openness of your 'scape, and the fact that you've left room to swim, and for things like scolies and islands of Xenia on the sand. Two separate formations will also allow fish to select one or the other as a territory, and not feel that they have to defend the entire reef.

If you find that you need more rock for nitrification purposes, you can place some in your sump / refugium.

~Bruce

3. Lylelovett

Lylelovett Active Member

All things I was trying to achieve, and some I didn't even think about. Thanks!

I figured I'd put rubble in my refugium rather than sand, so that will add a little more.

4. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman Troglodyte R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I think it came out great. Function and form. You ahould get good flow throughout too.

Captain Quint likes this.
  5. Waters

Waters "...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall." R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I think it looks great....as long as those two balanced rocks creating the circle manage to stay put :)

6. Lylelovett

Lylelovett Active Member

Thanks! They are waterwelded together nice and solid. :)