Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to control
Reef octopus varios 6 return pump
2 MP40wQD powerheads
2 maxspect Gyre 250's
2 titanium heaters
Deltec 1000i skimmer

What, if any extra do I need to run the above?
I have 3 hydra 26hd lights, would I gain anything by controlling these with profilux?
I also have 2 h2ocean p4 pro dosers, again would I gain anything by controlling these?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need the following
Powerbar to turn on and off electrical sockets (heater, return pump, skimmer)
PAB cable to connect it.
Best bet is buy the controller set instead of just the controller. It comes with the basics.

This for the Ecotech and a PAB cable

This I think for the Gyres (not sure) and a so I think you should get a standard Profilux 4 and not the E since it has the S-Ports

OP
OP
leedsrhinojohn

leedsrhinojohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need the following
Powerbar to turn on and off electrical sockets (heater, return pump, skimmer)
PAB cable to connect it.
Best bet is buy the controller set instead of just the controller. It comes with the basics.
This for the Ecotech and a PAB cable
This I think for the Gyres (not sure) and a so I think you should get a standard Profilux 4 and not the E since it has the S-Ports
Perfect, thanks mate.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gyres will connect to the 0-10v but you need the icecap modules no matter what to control them. otherwise just on/off through powerbar.

The amount of programming available with the maxspect control goes beyond what you can do through a 3rd party controller (p4,apex). For that reason and simplicity I just use the maxspect controller and have the gyres turn off in feed mode on the profilux.

OP
OP
leedsrhinojohn

leedsrhinojohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of programming available with the maxspect control goes beyond what you can do through a 3rd party controller (p4,apex). For that reason and simplicity I just use the maxspect controller and have the gyres turn off in feed mode on the profilux.
I did wonder what extra I could do with ghl controlling the gyres, so no point really except as you say to turn on and off.
The same true with the hydra lights? im presuming I can control more with the ai app than with ghl?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did wonder what extra I could do with ghl controlling the gyres, so no point really except as you say to turn on and off.
The same true with the hydra lights? im presuming I can control more with the ai app than with ghl?

Yeah I mean I have my gyres plugged into 1 of the powerbar outlets for feed mode, but beyond that I just use the maxspect controller and have it programmed that way and just leave it.

You can do some pretty in depth programming if you put the time in with it on the profilux, but you would need an icecap module for each gyre. Since most people already have the maxspect controller I just think it's easier and more efficient money wise to let the maxspect controller do its thing.

Now if you don't own anything you may just buy the gyre pumps without the controller and then buy ice cap modules for them and program through the profilux. I may consider that if starting from scratch?

As for the lights, I don't think you will get much more than on/off connecting them to the profilux. I don't think they can communicate with it per se. I have kessils that are programmed and controlled through my profilux via 0-10v, but then I have radions that I just use their online programming with. I think it's probably best to have them on a single powerbar outlet for emergency off/on and then use ai or ecotech programs to set what you want and leave it be.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing you may need to accommodate your list above, beyond the profilux and powerbar is the GHL LBF-AP for the varios pump. That will let you connect the pump and control it via the profilux. I chose to not do that either and just use the reef octopus controller, but it certainly is possible and you would do it via 0-10v using the LBF-AP module.

NabberNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but jumping in here. I don't have any wave makers yet and I am looking at the Maxspect 350. I already have the profilux mini and I believe I would need the breakout box from GHL to control the gyre but it seems to me I still need some sort of a cable adapter for power. I didn't see that with the Maxspect 350 gyre pump only. Am I missing something?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but jumping in here. I don't have any wave makers yet and I am looking at the Maxspect 350. I already have the profilux mini and I believe I would need the breakout box from GHL to control the gyre but it seems to me I still need some sort of a cable adapter for power. I didn't see that with the Maxspect 350 gyre pump only. Am I missing something?
The Maxspect pumps have needed the Icecap module to interface with 3rd party controllers. I am not sure that they made an icecap one for the 300 series gyres.

Back