Do I need to cure Reef saver dry live rock from bulk reef supply?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef Reef Saver Aquarium Dry Live Rock - MarcoRocks that I ordered and I was going to make my aquascape for my new tank. Do I need to cure this type of rock before putting it in the aquarium? I plan on cementing together my aquascape then placing it in a brute trash can in order for it to cure if I need to. I heard curing lowers phosphate problems in the future. What should I do?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The term curing and cycling can be confusing. Curing live rock means that there will be die off of during the shipping process and that needs to be monitored. The ammonia should never go to high and you can counter it with water changes. Cycling is basically the same process but that is what will happen in your tank or garbage can. Ammonia will rise and should keep at low levels until it is being converted to nitrite and nitrate. You have dry rock so you will need to cycle it before it is good to go.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back