Do people really look closely in the LFS.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my wife goes shopping I leave her there and go someplace else. If there is a LFS, hardware store Home Depot, dirt store or almost anything else, I will go there but I won't walk around in a store with my wife.

Yesterday we had to pass a Costco and she wanted to pick up a gift card for our Daughter.
Thats all, just a card that you get as soon as you walk in.
But a Woman, no Women can just walk into a store for one thing and walk out. Their DNA won't allow that.

She had to look at the clothes and Costco has a lot of clothes, mostly sweat shirts, socks etc.
Then there was the snacks, and the vegetables, then the frozen fish, live lobsters, cheeses and it went on and on. If I had hair, I would have pulled it all out.

Our little "Just go in and get a card" lasted an hour and $400.00 later we had the card.
They are all like that unless they aren't real women but fakes. :eek:

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I almost felt a glare there for a second just thinking about it.
I semi-solved this (or made worse?) by setting up a small FW tank for my S/O. Now she can look for things for her own tank while I browse the saltwater section alone lol

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a woman that can walk in and buy that one thing, unless it’s at the LFS. Than it’s my boyfriend sitting in the car waiting. I come back out with a bag and my water. I get dirty looks. Then he says “I thought you just needed water”;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
A rare breed indeed. :oops:

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend way to much time at my LFS. I feel i need to justify the 1 hour drive, so i hang out with the guys. I know everyone that works there, and occasionally talk someone in to buying something... I totally agree. People need to take time and look the diamond in the ruff.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend way to much time at my LFS. I feel i need to justify the 1 hour drive, so i hang out with the guys. I know everyone that works there, and occasionally talk someone in to buying something... I totally agree. People need to take time and look the diamond in the ruff.
Am lucky ermm well. My LFS isn't so good and because it's the only one for some distance expensive most of the time. I have a long drive to find a good one so it stops me spending to much money lol

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I semi-solved this (or made worse?) by setting up a small FW tank for my S/O. Now she can look for things for her own tank while I browse the saltwater section alone lol

My wife has no interest in fish besides looking at them once in awhile. I've had fish since before I knew her so she knew what she was getting into. I'm not going to claim total innocence here though, I get a little complain-y when we pull up in the parking lot of a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has no interest in fish besides looking at them once in awhile. I've had fish since before I knew her so she knew what she was getting into. I'm not going to claim total innocence here though, I get a little complain-y when we pull up in the parking lot of a Michael's or a Hobby Lobby.
I have the opposite problem. My wife has her own Reef Tank too.. so when were at the LFS, i intend to spend X amount, then she finds something she likes... Of course she never sees prices, just pretty things. LOL. She sometimes spends more than I do...

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and as a side note its never cheap things either... her eye really likes Acan grafts, and Odd colored stuff thats expensive. I think shes just as excited for my 72 to help me pick coral, and to have a mandarin again...

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar thing here. My wife has an interest in the tank and likes looking at it, but wants nothing to do with fish shopping and nothing to do with maintenance or technical knowledge of how it runs. I set up my first reef in 1997 and was married in 2001. So she knew what she was getting into as well... It's a package deal.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I do buy fish form the LFS I'll go to the fish section and look and see the few that interest me, watch them for 2-3 minutes, leave and go do something else in the LFS, come back 15-20 minutes later and observe them again for anything off.

I definitely can't spend more than 45-1 hour in the LFS though with the girl. She gets bored after about 30, goes to the car, and then I got 15-30 to get out myself or yeah. it's glares haha.

It's a timed greased drill for me :D

I try to go to the stores with nice coral/fish turnover so she can look herself for a little bit, but if it's the same things as last time, I only got like 30 minutes total tops!!! :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back