Do we think Tampa Bay will come back by the end of this year?

Joe Tony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that Tampa Bay is down because of COVID. I totally understand their need to stay safe, but I'm also worried that these COVID lockdowns will have permanently destroyed yet another small business. I heard all the stories and seen the photos about how great their LR is, how you can put it right into the tank without any dieoff, and how much life is bustling in it, and was hoping to get live rock from them for when I upgrade my tank. What do you guys think? Are they going to retire for good? Or will they come back this summer or fall?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone buys it from him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe Tony

Joe Tony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone buys it from him.

oh boy

OP
OP
Joe Tony

Joe Tony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read on the other threads they are looking for someone to take up the 10 year rock aquaculture lease they have with the state. Sounded like they are done for good and plan to enjoy retirement.

Thought the title was Super Bowl related ;)
I'm happy for them. I just hope that
A. someone buys them
and
B. maintains their standard of live rock that is both of high quality and environmentally sustainable.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but even if he does sell it sometime soon the person would need the startup costs of a business and acquisition of the equipment. Easy $200K and that isn't even including the time. I would say a year before they could sell anything.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy for them. I just hope that
A. someone buys them
and
B. maintains their standard of live rock that is both of high quality and environmentally sustainable.

The rock is the easy part. Duplicating their shipping processes and keeping up customer service is what Id focus on. Rick has always been super responsive and helpful, and has a great reputation for the way hes done business over many years.

OP
OP
Joe Tony

Joe Tony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock is the easy part. Duplicating their shipping processes and keeping up customer service is what Id focus on. Rick has always been super responsive and helpful, and has a great reputation for the way hes done business over many years.
Yeah. I wonder if whoever buys them, will just start shipping out to people's homes and risk die off instead of having people go to the airports. There's a long history of small businesses getting bought out and the new buyers changing policies that were fundamental to the charm of the previous business.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could but I don’t have money like that laying around to buy a business lol

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if one of the big coral vendor was to expand operations and add live rocks to their fish, inverts, corals and dry goods selection...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back