Do you cover your tank in the morning?

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon Biocube that sits next to me home office desk. I start work at 6am in the morning, but my lights are not scheduled to turn on until 8am. I place a custom fabric cover (one that my mom made for me :)) over the tank while the office is still dark and before I fire up the computer and side lamp. I do this as to not shock this fish in the morning.
Anyone else cover their tank to prevent light shock? Do you think it is even necessary?
Tank Cover.jpg

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen this before.

I would put this in the category of "if it makes you happy then fill your boots, no harm for sure".

Does it actually benefit anything, saying outright no would be unscientific, but 99.999999999999% No.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say whether or not it's necessary, but I too am interested in this topic. My tanks are in the basement, which is also my dungeons and dragons room (nerd alert!). Not a big deal right now, but once things return to normal, will be gaming while the blues are on, and we'll after lights out.

At the very least, covering the tank won't do any harm, besides perhaps startling fish taking the cover off. I block my tank while watching TV after lights out.

Back