Do you ever DREAM about your tank, corals, this hobby?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this recurring DREAM that I'm on vacation and I'm at the beach. Im seeing all kinds of fish and corals that I want to take home for my display tank.

They say you dream in black-n-white. Bull! I dream about amazing colors of fish and coral i see.

Please share any dreams you've had.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's funny because YES more times than I care to admit! Good and bad dreams!

LilShaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. A few years ago I had a horrific bryopsis pennata outbreak, I spent 18 months trying to fight it with peroxide and carbon dosing but nothing worked. It was even growing out of the sealant, so eventually I gave up and nuked the entire setup.

It's stupid I know, but I still have nightmares about finding the feathery monstrosity in my new tank.

pgroth1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started in the hobby I had the exact same recurring dream

SwimFriend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine’s similar to rescuing dead fish. But in mine, I somehow become responsible for a bunch of tanks (I’ve purposefully never kept more than one), and constant water changes are always going haywire... fish moving between tanks (magically) causing chaos... instability and panic reign.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this recurring dream being a teen that I keep forgetting to feed several tanks of fish.

Alvaro_Spain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once jumped out of the bed thinking an emerald crab had escaped and was in the bed. LOL

And I wasn´t able to sleep again till I found the crab inside the tank. ;Playful

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had dreams I’ve woke to wondering if and
How long the power was out .

the dream is always trying to rescue dead fish
OMG, I hate those kinds of dreams. I'd rather have an all out full blown nightmare than uneasy dreams.....A lot of uneasy dreams around here. They are the worst. When I'm lucky, I'll wake myself up and say it's only a dream. I still won't sleep well that night...

But yeah, I dreamed I'm diving and collecting creatures for my tank and having such a great time. I always sleep like a log when I dream like that. Unlike uneasy dreams.

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have great dreams about my tanks. they are full of beautiful fish and corals. i wake up very happy.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, I hate those kinds of dreams. I'd rather have an all out full blown nightmare than uneasy dreams.....A lot of uneasy dreams around here. They are the worst. When I'm lucky, I'll wake myself up and say it's only a dream. I still won't sleep well that night...

But yeah, I dreamed I'm diving and collecting creatures for my tank and having such a great time. I always sleep like a log when I dream like that. Unlike uneasy dreams.
Diving and collecting would be fun . If it was legal to bring everything home. .
Being from Canada. .
It’s not possible. .
The rest of that dream would be a weekend get away at the customs hotel . 3 meals a day and bars on the doors

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diving and collecting would be fun . If it was legal to bring everything home. .
Being from Canada. .
It’s not possible. .
The rest of that dream would be a weekend get away at the customs hotel . 3 meals a day and bars on the doors
That being said. .
My fiancé is a diver .
just before covid started I went in to do the certification

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a dream that I had a floor-to-ceiling walk-in tank the size of a small room. It was an amazing dream. Walking around among the fish and these huge 8-foot tall rock structures covered in coral. Had a glass door to get in, which is funny because there was no water anyway. Everything floating in air.

hardcorefishhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a dream that I had a floor-to-ceiling walk-in tank the size of a small room. It was an amazing dream. Walking around among the fish and these huge 8-foot tall rock structures covered in coral. Had a glass door to get in, which is funny because there was no water anyway. Everything floating in air.
I have a recurring dream that my fish have escaped the tank and are swimming in the air throughout my home. I look out the window and they are outside my window floating in the air, I open the window and let them in. I had no idea that others could be having these kinds of dreams!

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all the time but they are always nightmares about things dying or tanks crashing. I had a tank crash when I went to the beach last summer and I think my aquarium stress dreams doubled after that.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this once before, but it was sooo memorable, it's worth retelling. I once had a dream that a couple of my granddaughters were standing on my stand with their arms shoulder deep in the tank. They were just toddlers at the time. I freaked out because I was afraid they would fall in. All of the sudden, they were inside the tank, and it was MASSIVE! Like thousands of gallons massive. They were swimming around the rocks and corals like fish and just having a grand old time. It scared me so bad I woke up shouting.

I feel a little guilty because I tried to go back to sleep so I could enjoy my giant tank (without the aquatic toddlers). Unfortunately, I haven't seen that tank since.

Serg1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a recurring dream that my fish have escaped the tank and are swimming in the air throughout my home. I look out the window and they are outside my window floating in the air, I open the window and let them in. I had no idea that others could be having these kinds of dreams!
I have had the same dream but they were in the house swimming , this is funny I thought it was only me that had these dreams. They were very pleasant, would like to have them again.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back