Do you ever just have one of those days

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where finally just this once everything finally goes as planned with your tank. My local LFS had a couple cyphastrea corals that I have been wanting to try. He had a hungry female emerald crab to munch on my bubble algae. He had trigger pods in stock and he had this beautiful fat mandarin swimming around one of his large sumps. It has been a dream of mine to try one of these in my tank. I know there's pods in there from my fuge but I bought multiple jars to restock the tank. The crab floated to the bottom and landed on a patch of bubble algae and is eating away like me at McDonald's. The Mandy is munching around my rock work hopefully finding tasty snacks.

Finally a perfect tank day to enjoy.

20220816_130851.jpg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where finally just this once everything finally goes as planned with your tank. My local LFS had a couple cyphastrea corals that I have been wanting to try. He had a hungry female emerald crab to munch on my bubble algae. He had trigger pods in stock and he had this beautiful fat mandarin swimming around one of his large sumps. It has been a dream of mine to try one of these in my tank. I know there's pods in there from my fuge but I bought multiple jars to restock the tank. The crab floated to the bottom and landed on a patch of bubble algae and is eating away like me at McDonald's. The Mandy is munching around my rock work hopefully finding tasty snacks.

Finally a perfect tank day to enjoy.

20220816_130851.jpg
Love the mandarin. Thinking of putting one in the 50g...

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I can properly care for him but if things don't work out my LFS will take him back. I'm going to add pod bottles regularly but will work on other food acclimation too.
I got lucky... My last one wasn't a biota special and it ate prepped foods. Mainly mysis cubes, lrs and flake.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky... My last one wasn't a biota special and it ate prepped foods. Mainly mysis cubes, lrs and flake.
This is a wild one but he's pretty good size and is really roaming the rocks top to bottom right now. I'm hoping he will see the other fish eating and adapt at some point but I know he needs to munch all day long too.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back