Do you guys add amphipods to your reef?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you guys add amphipods to your reef? If you do, where do you source them from? I know they're an excellent addition to CUC (and hey live food source!!), but I can't seem to find any way to source them.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, IPSF is a great place to order from. They reproduce like crazy with any macro I've tried.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys add amphipods to your reef? If you do, where do you source them from? I know they're an excellent addition to CUC (and hey live food source!!), but I can't seem to find any way to source them.
I’ve seen them on eBay but haven’t bought them. I’ve got lots in my 30 gallon that either came from a clump of chaeto or some coral I added.

I feed pellets some days and these guys will grab pellets if the fish don’t get them first.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Find yourself 1 piece of live rock and all your micro faunna issues will be solved.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have, IPSF is a great place to order from. They reproduce like crazy with any macro I've tried.

I placed an order for $300 worth of their stuff the other day. Its supposed to arrive tomorrow. I never thought I’d be so excited to get a bunch of worms, mud, and things that look like bugs.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's loads of amphipods running around in my tank and sump. Never have purposefully added them.

They are fantastic at cleaning up left over food.

Same here. I've never purposely added them, but they are all over my tank. I'm sure they came in on the rock and/or corals. They like to hang out on my algae scrapper and go scrambling when I move it to clean the glass.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back