Do you guys re-arrange your tanks evrry now and then ?

Lol21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im one of those people who after say maybe 5 months cant stand looking at my tank anymore.. Meaning i get bored of the arrangement of the aquascaping.

I understand for some people with massive corals that are years n years old it might be hard to change the tank but i know some have to do it.

For example my tank is maybe a year old.. I have some good growth on my sps and lps.. and anyone who would look at ny tank would go wow.. but me im like meh.

So i spent 3 hours today and 4 yesturday taking rocks out putting em in buckets or tubs of the tanks water.. and rearranging everything.

Some coral i had to break off the rocks.. gently.. by prying at the bases.. some sps encrusting corala sadly i broke in many peices but they are fine.

I decided to make a vertical wall on the left corner of my tank and break my plating montis and glue em top to bottom.. should look pretty cool when they grow out.

I just finished and i reall like the new look.

So do you guys do this ?

SeniorReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont. I used about a week for aquascaping to i was satisfied with the look, before adding water. Then just glue the coral and other stuff to the rocks

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to the point where I'm removing whole rocks and repositioning them, but I will move smaller ones or some corals around.

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it in the first few months constantly because I wasn't satisfied with the flow my tank was getting or the aesthetics of the aquascape. Now I have both dialed in.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I move coral but the rock work stays put. It is epoxied with acrylic rods anyway .

The end goal for me is to not see the rock work. The rock is essentially dead coral anyway so I use it as a base to be covered. The canvas for my art work!

Back