Do you have tank inhabitants that freak you out?

Do you have tank inhabitants that freak you out?

• Yes

Votes: 74 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a video you posted of Mr. Freaks and a buddy of his in the corner of the tank. When Mr. Freaks moves in that video it is chilling to watch. He seriously looks like a weird hybrid of the creepy girl from The Ring and some terrifying alien in a sci-fi movie. Mr. Freaks has definitely earned his name in spades!! LOL Gotta luv the little guy but he honestly looks like someone through a bunch of random DNA into a test tube, shook it up, baked it and out popped Mr. Freaks. What was Mother Nature thinking with this guy?! ;-)
Link? lol

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link? lol
Comment #6. It took awhile for the video to load for me. It's the craziest thing I have ever seen! Mr. Freaks is awesome and this is an amazing setup that @lion king has!

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a bit freaky until someone decided to ruin it:

OMG! What is that? A serpent star? Serpent stars are super creepy only because most of the time you just see legs wiggling about from under rocks, etc. I managed to snag a couple micro brittle stars and one night just before lights out I was feeding the tank and I see these wiggly things sticking out through the grill that goes to my back chamber. I was like "how the hell did worms get into my tank?" and I had a mini freakout but when I looked closer I realized it was one of my brittle stars. I was so relieved it wasn't a mass of worms! I never saw the brittle star again after that. So disappointed. :)

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! What is that? A serpent star? Serpent stars are super creepy only because most of the time you just see legs wiggling about from under rocks, etc. I managed to snag a couple micro brittle stars and one night just before lights out I was feeding the tank and I see these wiggly things sticking out through the grill that goes to my back chamber. I was like "how the hell did worms get into my tank?" and I had a mini freakout but when I looked closer I realized it was one of my brittle stars. I was so relieved it wasn't a mass of worms! I never saw the brittle star again after that. So disappointed. :)
No that's my brittle star. This is my serpant star :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :

HAHAHA I literally was just about to answer this when I saw my serpent had moved and was now hiding in a rock rather than below one as usual. I do love them (whatever the collective name for brittle and serpent stars are) they are so fun to feed and otherwise beneficial. It is a little scary how fast they grow though.

Also I think you'll enjoy the little fish that decided to steal the show @i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that's my brittle star. This is my serpant star :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :

HAHAHA I literally was just about to answer this when I saw my serpent had moved and was now hiding in a rock rather than below one as usual. I do love them (whatever the collective name for brittle and serpent stars are) they are so fun to feed and otherwise beneficial. It is a little scary how fast they grow though.

Also I think you'll enjoy the little fish that decided to steal the show @i cant think

That is a beauty, looking nice and fat!

I wonder how you knew I’d enjoy it, hmm..
4BA791D4-DA92-49C5-B602-90E650E74B5D.jpeg

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's funny. It sounds like all brittle stars are the same. Secluded, shy creatures. All starfish are just so bizarre. I often wonder how such a bizarre creature evolved on this planet. I think most sea life had to have been imported from some alien planet. LOL.
They're all so

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back