Do you keep your mixing station mixing or turn it off?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 55G mixing station and have been mixing my salt and when its mixed I turn it off. Every Day for 5 minutes I turn it on and then my AWC takes water.

Should I leave it mixing all the time? I have some issues with precipitation. I just tested and alk, cal, and mag were all under what they should be and I have to dose them back up. My targets for those are 8-8.5, 430-450, and 1400+ so nothing crazy.

I was using Red sea and switched to Fritz RPM. This batch is 20g redsea blue bucket and 30g Fritz RPM Blue.

Thanks,

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the instructions for the particular salt you make. I use the Red Sea in the blue bucket and their instructions say to mix once and then store in an airtight container, and use within 1 week. It also says that overmixing that particular salt can cause precipitation.

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use RedSea black bucket and I mix the water for a few hours every day. I mix 70gal at a time and go through it in about two weeks. You haven’t noticed any negative effects although I should review the instructions to make sure I’m not breaking the rules.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mix mine when first making a batch, and then turn it off. I generally use half for a WC and then store the other half for the following week. Before doing another WC, I turn it back on and mix while bringing it up to temp.

Indymann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mix tank is on a timer to run the circulation pump for 15min every 4hrs. Heater keeps the water at 78. I have gone a month or more before using for WC with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17
Back