Do you know any zoanthids that are really colorful in white light?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opps, you did it. These are wild zoas collected in south east Florida. Photon v1, yes v1 lol, at 100% white and 60% blue. The brightest ones are from the side of rocks at a jetty and have colored up nicely in less par than I assume they got on the rock lol. The more bland ones are from about 30' deep and are starting to get more color and patterns going.

First 3 are super shallow. Also pics of one of the colonies out of the water at low tide. This is the colony the first pic posted was taken from at a distance for scale. The second after the first three is closer to the colony.

Last 2 pics are the ones from about 30' deep. They had issues on transport back and got way hot, as the pump moving water died. They have lost most their color, but are starting to color back up. The last pic of of them is the day of collection, with a Orphek Blue Coral Viewing flashlight shone on them, and a pic taken with my phone. I hope they get the crazy rainbow coloring back.

tempImageqIo4dZ.png

tempImagemlVyqQ.png

tempImagepTf5Kb.png

tempImageIPXWoE.png

tempImageI0f7pP.png

tempImageUZqK1m.png

tempImageJNGmQJ.png

tempImageC4AixR.png
Side note: Just realized the shadow on the colony on the rocks looks like Marge Simpson lololololol.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note: Just realized the shadow on the colony on the rocks looks like Marge Simpson lololololol.
I thought we talked about how your not supposed to lick the shrooms on other side of zoa garden?
Sorry for the mini shroom jack here hahaha:D
Technically there are 3 zoas in this shot hahahahaha
Screenshot_20210921-123109_Wyze.jpg

Gqch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Do you know any zoanthids that are really colorful in white light?__------usually not much colors show under just white light, theirs color pop under blue.​

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back