Do you know any zoanthids that are really colorful in white light?

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple death is bright purple under white.

DSC_0652-01.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I have one Zoa to reccomend. I took this pic of GMK I recently got. Not filters just point and click.
Running brs reccomended schedule for v2+ @35% blues, 18% whites. Heavier more full spectrum than most i guess.
Gmk is just bright and doing excellent:)
20210916_154134.jpg

Predator(Not Impressed) same light same settings.
20210918_150421.jpg

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to stay out of this thread. I see where this is going for me real fast. Already have too many pieces I must have. Don't need more hahaha
I'm pretty sure ReefTide has a complementary spend over $300 and get free door to door shipping service packed with loving care and hugs, plus a bonus glittery sticker pack and styrofoam 6-pack cooler. You should go for that.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure ReefTide has a complementary spend over $300 and get free door to door shipping service packed with loving care and hugs, plus a bonus glittery sticker pack and styrofoam 6-pack cooler. You should go for that.
Haha yeah @REEFTIDE little zoa seeds have been planted and already starting to grow into weeds in my brain.
I see @Eagle_Steve in here now I'm pretty sure its will be impossible to not end up with a nice patch of zoa garden haha. Dang

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty accurate, not gonna lie

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah @REEFTIDE little zoa seeds have been planted and already starting to grow into weeds in my brain.
I see @Eagle_Steve in here now I'm pretty sure its will be impossible to not end up with a nice patch of zoa garden haha. Dang
Opps, you did it. These are wild zoas collected in south east Florida. Photon v1, yes v1 lol, at 100% white and 60% blue. The brightest ones are from the side of rocks at a jetty and have colored up nicely in less par than I assume they got on the rock lol. The more bland ones are from about 30' deep and are starting to get more color and patterns going.

First 3 are super shallow. Also pics of one of the colonies out of the water at low tide. This is the colony the first pic posted was taken from at a distance for scale. The second after the first three is closer to the colony.

Last 2 pics are the ones from about 30' deep. They had issues on transport back and got way hot, as the pump moving water died. They have lost most their color, but are starting to color back up. The last pic of of them is the day of collection, with a Orphek Blue Coral Viewing flashlight shone on them, and a pic taken with my phone. I hope they get the crazy rainbow coloring back.

tempImageqIo4dZ.png

tempImagemlVyqQ.png

tempImagepTf5Kb.png

tempImageIPXWoE.png

tempImageI0f7pP.png

tempImageUZqK1m.png

tempImageJNGmQJ.png

tempImageC4AixR.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back