Do you know your local Reef Bud's???

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I first got into the hobby back in 2006 my first saltwater tank was a 40G Breeder purchase at West Point Academy. I had no clue of what I was doing! My water change was water straight out from the faucet, mixed salt and added into the DT. Yes, I had no RODI system! My livestock was 3 hippos, 1 yellow tang, 1 blonde naso tang, and a few more fish in a 40 breeder. Ammonia was up the roof! I went to the LFS to buy a fish or corals, and never an associate or owner would ask me, "What size is your tank"? There's was No reason to ask as long as I was spending money. So one-day I google saltwater hobby, read about forums, related clubs. This was so beneficial a place to get advice, learn and meet people. After I joined my first forum, I went to club members homes, got advice, brought corals or fish, and equipment. Immediately I upgrade and learned how to understand the responsibilities of maintaining a saltwater aquarium. I love this hobby, and never took a break, even with 2 crashes due to power outage and hurricanes.

So my question is how many of us members here know your local reef buds? The benefits to know what your local reef buds has in his or her tanks. Get involved in local trades, sell or buy! Help each other with tank issue, example; if a local reef bud tank sprung a leak and need to burrow a tank, or someone to hold there livestock, or help in moving. Perhaps give advice on which LFS to buy from, who's good and who's bad. Where are the deals! Get to know your "Local Reef Buds", here on R2R.

Find out how many members here live Florida! Hello Floridian Local Reef Buds, tell us where you reside what city?

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Chicago. We had a group called CMAS, there last meeting was in April. I think they disbanded. I could be wrong.

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Georgia , Newton County , anyone close ?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<---- That place :D

Seriously though, I might as well be in Alabama, we're so far from everything else in Florida :(

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in New Port Richey. I have a 125 and 40 plumbed together with mostly SPS and zoas. What kinds of corals do you all keep?

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you keeping now? Have you been able to keep SPS alive for long?
Setosa and garf bonsai also
ee181bb057e550720b88b964c9e3cb56.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back