Do you need 24hr dosing capabilities? Try the Kamoer FX-STP doser! | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Today we're showing off the latest pump from Kamoer that now provides us with a more affordable and space saving option for continuous duty pumps.

As a previous owner of the common hospital grade dosing pump (you all know what one), this one is very exciting to me personally especially with how little space it takes up and the much lower cost than what I paid for my other pump on eBay!

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this pump have the capability to dose any amount between 1ml/min - 120ml/min or is it preset increments such as 1ml/min, 10ml/min, 20mil/min etc..

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great little pump. I've been using one for about a month now and am super happy. Longevity of the pump is questionable since it's new but I'm hopeful.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! This could possibly replace the constant pump Champion used to have. What head height can it handle or feet of tubing? I think Champion called them their Reef Filler pumps that were constant chemical pumps they can no longer source. Best 24/7 kalkwasser drip I've ever found.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live this pump. Been using it for about two weeks now an so far so good. Very quiet though it does seem to be louder at slower speeds. Ph in calcium reactor is as stable as ever.

CB48CF54-9FA9-4500-A690-AEFC6B0B3602.png

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! This could possibly replace the constant pump Champion used to have. What head height can it handle or feet of tubing? I think Champion called them their Reef Filler pumps that were constant chemical pumps they can no longer source. Best 24/7 kalkwasser drip I've ever found.

Kamoer suggests not having the pump located more than 8ft away from the intended application/reactor. :)

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally want one, but this seems to be a big point of concern over on the big RC thread about this pump regarding the longevity of the pump head rollers. 9000 hour (3 month) lifespan for the Pharmed BPT tubing tubing makes sense, but for the pump head rollers as well? Per the product description for the replacement pump head rollers.

“Replacement 6-roller head assembly for the Kamoer FX-STP Dosing Pump. Over time it is common for the rollers to start to wear and cause additional friction, which can slow the pumps motor and require additional electricity to operate. We recommend changing the pump head assembly every 9000 hours, or as needed.”

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/replacement-pump-head-for-fx-stp-kamoer.html

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally want one, but this seems to be a big point of concern over on the big RC thread about this pump regarding the longevity of the pump head rollers. 9000 hour (3 month) lifespan for the Pharmed BPT tubing tubing makes sense, but for the pump head rollers as well? Per the product description for the replacement pump head rollers.

“Replacement 6-roller head assembly for the Kamoer FX-STP Dosing Pump. Over time it is common for the rollers to start to wear and cause additional friction, which can slow the pumps motor and require additional electricity to operate. We recommend changing the pump head assembly every 9000 hours, or as needed.”

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/replacement-pump-head-for-fx-stp-kamoer.html

We recommend replacing the head every 9000hrs, or about once per year, much like other equipment such as a heater. The tubing is recommended to be replaced once every 2000hrs, or about 3-4times per year. There are 8,760hrs in a full year. :)

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha, I missed the change... once a year seems waaay more reasonable. I actually think your description has been subtly changed from the 2000 to 9000 hours since we discussed it over on RC! ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha, I missed the change... once a year seems waaay more reasonable. I actually think your description has been subtly changed from the 2000 to 9000 hours since we dicussed it over on RC! ;)

I went and found that thread, it does look like we've updated it since then. I think it is reasonable, given the average speed that reefers may run these pumps at. Personally, with my MasterFlex I was at a dosing rate of 30mL/min which was plenty fast enough for my 90gal tank. That said, I'd expect that the head would last longer than say someone who is running the pump at full bore for the same amount of time.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back