Do you prefer radion or ai lights and why? I would like your thoughts. Good, bad or down the middle. Big small i would like to hear it all.

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got Hydras simply because the cost difference was substantial enough to me when I made the initial investment

now, I’ve upsized tank and required a second hydra. I ended up getting 3DReefing diffusers for my hydras which ended up making my hydra units the same price as the Radions. I have melted my lenses before. It’s the UV channel that runs hot and melts the lens. Turned down my UV channel (it was originally over 100%) and haven’t had any melt since. For the record, the lenses are super cheap and really quick to swap out.

im super happy with the PAR. The diffusers helped eliminate hotspots/disco ball effect and give it a more blanketed look. I’ve actually been pleased with mobius. I’ve never had any issues with setup and I’m a big believer in leaving your spectrum and schedule alone once it’s set. No real reason to be tinkering with it too much.

ive never used Radions and likely never will. Not that I have anything against them, I’m just not convinced they are big enough of an upgrade over the Hydras to ever justify the switch. If I were to upgrade my lighting it would have to be something drastically better, such as the GHL Mitras 7206 or the Giesemann Aurora series

OP
OP
W

worstcaseontario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update. I ended up going with the g6. I tried to get my hands on a g5 but the only one that was around sold literally minutes before I got to my lfs.

I am quite pleased with the radion. My corals are already showing a good amount of improvement. They are coloring up quite well. I would like to thank everyone for all of your time, help and input. I greatly appreciate everything!!!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back