Do you support aquarium supply companies over places like Amazon and should you?

Do you think it's important to support aquarium specific businesses within our industry first?

• YES

Votes: 501 82.5%
  • NO

Votes: 60 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 46 7.6%

• Total voters

Luke_1901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into a post on the BRS #AskBRSTV FB page where someone had stated that Amazon was showing aquarium supplies not delivering until April 23rd! Almost a month from now. Granted some people were saying that they were still getting items a couple days after they ordered. I thought about this and thought that it would make a great topic today.

Let me step on my soapbox for a moment if you will. (hmm also it just occurred to me that R2R is kinda in the same boat with competition like FB)

THIS is exactly the reason we need to support companies like Bulk Reef Supply, Aquarium Specialty, Marine Depot, Premium Aquatics, Champion Lighting Supply, SaltwaterAquarium (all R2R sponsors) and our local fish stores more than places like Amazon! I understand why Amazon is doing this but it doesn't mean that hobbyists still don't need their supplies quicker. Supporting companies within our industry will help ensure that we will always be able to get the aquarium supplies we need when we need them.

Do you think it's important to support (to be a customer of) aquarium specific businesses within our industry first? If not then why not?

SUPPORT INDUSTRY.jpg
I support BRS heavily because of all the work they do in R&D and testing to advance the hobby. The product testing and studies on proper methods for reef keeping are expensive and difficult to do, so they deserve our support. Those of us that have been in the hobby for a long time remember when there was little to no science and fact based data to use when deciding how to maintain our systems. In the end you save money by supporting companies that help you do it right the first time and Amazon is no help there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back