do you think this will raise ph and or benefit my tank?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have tried all the options to raise ph. i don't want to discuss those. I believe outside air will aid my tank. so with yalls help lets build something

here's the stats:
1. my fish room is in the center of the home with no doors or windows that can be opened to allow outside air.

2. the HVAC return vent is right next to my fish room ( directly across the hall and directly in front of my fish room's doorway.
3. i call this room a sealed room because the little air movement (imo) is from two ceiling fans t

the preliminary plan is this.
1. install ductwork from one of my attic vents to a hole above my tank. placement can be discussed. maybe 8' max of ductwork.

2. install a 6" (size optional) inline vent fan somewhere between my roof line and my tank room ceiling. pulling from the roof vent sending outside air to the fish room.

3, install a ceiling vent of some kind so it looks pretty from inside the home.

4. hard-wiring the fan to a switch so that It can be turned off or on (for future use) if i ever get out of the hobby and the room becomes something else.

opinions? will this affect my hvac in any way pulling a stead but light stream of air in possibly 24-7

1642718905728.png

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have tried all the options to raise ph. i don't want to discuss those. I believe outside air will aid my tank.

here's the stats:
1. my fish room is in the center of the home with no doors or windows that can be opened to allow outside air.

2. the HVAC return vent is right next to my fish room ( directly across the hall and directly in front of my fish rooms door way.

the plan is this
1. install duct work from one of my attic vents to a hole above my tank. placemnt can be dicussed. maybe 8' max of duct work.

2. install a 6" (size optional) inline vent fan somewhere between my roof line and my tank room cieling. pulling from the roof vent sending outside air to the fish room.

3, install a ceiling vent of somekind so it looks pretty from inside the home.

4. hard wireing the fan to a switch so that i can be turned off or on (for future use) if i every get out of the hobby and the room becomes something else.

opinions? will this affect my hvac in anyway pulling a stead but light streamof air in possibly 24-7

1642718905728.png
Before I did all of that I would measure the CO2 level in the room and outside your house. If the CO2 is not significantly higher inside than the outside air CO2 level is then none of this will make any difference.

Preferably, you would log the levels over a long period of time to establish trends.

Just what I would do before I started cutting holes.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use one of these.

My build thread documents my odysee with this.

I agree with @Sean Clark make sure you know what your CO2 levels are before you go through all of this.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those options are two pricey. i like them thou. thanks. cutting a small whole in my fish room is no big deal to me. its all for the hobby right. lol I mean everyone says improve air quality around your tank to aid ph for example this would definitely do just that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back